CHAPTER EIGHT.

Believing Means Nothing...

I was awoken by the loud, piercing screams of my mum coming from next door; I shot up instantly running into her room. She was sitting up on her bed petrified; her body trembled as she stared at the window in complete shock.

"Mum!" I jumped on her bed and held her, she was cold. 

"He came," She shivered. I wrapped the duvet around us. "I thought he was gone." 

"Mum-" 

"Your dad got rid of him years ago," She began to cry, I hate seeing my mum cry cause it makes me feel like I need to cry with her, I rubbed my eyes. "Now he's back." 

"Who's back, mum don't cry." I wiped her ongoing amount of tears, but they kept flowing down. 

"He was just at the window." I got up and looked out the now open window, it was night and everything seemed still, cah everyone would be in there yard init? 

"Mum nobody is at the window," I laid her down. "It's kool." 

She shot up instantly. "Let's go on a little holiday?" She then nodded to herself mumbling things about 'He will never find us', I shook my head and laid her down again. 

"Mum calm down, I won't let nobody get you," I closed the open window she kept staring at and drew the curtains quickly. "Get some sleep please?" 

"Ok." Was all she said before she conked out, I laughed at the fact she made humming noises while sleeping, I kissed her forehead and went back into my room, I looked at the time and noticed it was now time to get up. My phone started ringing.

"Yoo?" Err, my voice sounded disgusting. 

"Hello Mr Badda Man," She giggled. "Thought I might just wake up." 

"You like the sound of my voice yeah?" 

"Nah not even, you're just better than choice FM." I laughed at the surprisingly even though it was abit of a par. 

"You kool doe b?" 

"Yeah, I'm just walking to school." 

"This early?" 

"I like to do coursework at school, plus I help around." 

"Aww, good neeky girl." 

"Come of them talks about neek!" She laughed. 

"Ight kool, well I'm gonna have my shower and ting." 

"Ok giraffe." Zoe! 

"Man gonna do something to her unuh," I picked up my towel heading for the bathroom. "How did you find out?" 

"I hear around." I could tell she was smiling on the phone. 

"Well I'm gone b, kool." 

"Bye Courtz!" She hung up. 

I had a 20 minute shower and used my mum's hair products for my hair, they smell nice man. I went back into my room and put on my uniform accept my blazer. Took a few P's and the usual and left, something told me to lock the door behind me on my way out, so I did.

***

I sat there in maths not paying much attention to what the hell this supply was saying, something about doing page 17 in our text books. I took a look at it and threw it on the floor; man really can't be asked unuh. There was a huge knock on the classroom door. One of the office ladies came in searching through papers she had in her hand. 

"Ooh sorry," She raised her hands indicating an apology. "But we really need to borrow Courtney for a moment or two." The supply teacher nodded at me and I shrugged picking up my side bag and heading out the class with the office lady.