CHAPTER FOUR.

Believing Means Nothing...

"GET OUT!" 

"No!" 

"Zoe get out now!" 

"Zoe get out now... Blah, blah!" She mimicked me. "My names Courtney Jabari Smith and I'm a giraffe!" 

I charged at her and she ran downstairs screaming for my mum, I'm pissed with Zoe at the moment because she spent my money I made her hold yesterday on credit for her blackberry. I went into the living room to see Zoe sitting down on the floor holding her chest out of breath; I pointed and laughed at her.

"That's what you get." I smiled and sat down watching TV. Mum came in and looked from Zoe to me.

"Courtney! What did you do to Zoe?" 

"NO! The question is... What did she do to me," I protested. "I'm the innocent one here." Zoe shook her head and mum gave me the 'Tell the truth' look, for fuck sake. 

"He chased me down the stairs Larissa." 

"NAH!" I shouted. 

"Are you being sarcastic with me Courtney?" Mum gave me a killer glare and I shut up. "That's what I thought."

Zoe stood up smiling, ooh she's good! 

"Better luck next time!" She mouth to me walking out with mum, I kissed my teeth and threw the remote at the door. 

"Throwing a tantrum won't do anything either Courtney!" Mum shouted. Argh!

ZOE POV.

"Larissa," I started. "When are you going to tell Courtney?" 

"I don't know he might not be happy about it." I sighed and sat on the marble counter, I like teasing Courtney because I know he won't do anything about it, but I feel slightly bad for spending his money. I'm gonna pay him back.

"Do you think he will like my dad?" 

Larissa shrugged wiping her hands on the paper towels I gave her, she just finished washing up. 

"We will have to see Zoe." I nodded and sucked my thumb, my braces are killing me. 

"I'm gonna go home, dads making pasta tonight." I rubbed my hands together and licked my lips, I love pasta! Especially with cheese sprinkled on top. 

"Do you want me to drop you off?" 

"Nope, I'll be fine." She gave a reassuring smile and nodded. I jumped of the counter and put on my Ugg's. I left heading towards the bus stop, luckily there was a bus just pulling up so there was no wait. I didn't go upstairs, I never do. I feel intimidated by others around me, especially boys. I got off at my stop and skipped up my road quickly to my house. I knocked on the door and dad opened it smiling down at me, I've grown to get over the fact that my dad looks like a scary man also.

***

I finished my bowl of Pasta and wiped my hands, dad smiled at me taking my bowl to put in the sink. I rushed upstairs and jumped on my bed for a little while, my phone than began to ring.

"Hello?" 

"Hey babes, how comes I have not seem you in so long?" 

"Because your busy with your GCSC's silly." I laughed, Reanna giggled too and we talked for longer. Reanna went to my primary school but left years before me, she is in Courtney's year but goes to an all girls school. She is really stunning and I've always been jealous of her because she had a perfect model figured body, I guess I'm still producing. Then the subjects of boys came up.