Dad & Dinner

Dallas

I pulled up to Jason's school just as practice ended and waited for him to walk out. I saw some of his teammates coming out. I got out the car as he walked out. He smiled when he saw me.

"Later Jason." His best friend Joshua said. "Hey, Mr. Dallas." Joshua passed by and I gave the keys to Jason.

"Hey, dad." He said taking them. "You sure mom won't freak?" I laughed.

"Of course she is." He laughed putting his bag in the back.

"Awesome." I laughed as we got in and he adjusted his seat, fixed his windows, and put on his seatbelt.

"Alright, we're going to do the long way today." He nodded and drove slow in the school zone then drove the rest of the way to his mom's job. He wanted to surprise her. We pulled up and saw Zarah and another guy talking.

"Park right here we're not staying long." He parked and we got out.

"Just say you don't want to give me a chance and I'll leave you alone." The guy said.

"Emory you know I don't mix work and personal together." She said running her fingers through her hair looking away.

"Oh but you and Andre never were together." She scoffed.

"First off that's my business, not yours. Why can't you just let me think Emory? I asked you for time."

"And I gave you time Zarah. I'm not waiting anymore." He said grabbing her arm.

"I suggest you take your hands off of her." I said. They looked at me.

"Who the hell are you?" He said not letting her go.

"Hands, remove them from her now." Jason said.

"This must be Jason." The guy said laughing and let go of her.

"What are you guys doing here and did you just drive?" She asked walking over to us as I smirked.

"Zarah you have work to do I expect you to be back in 10 minutes or else." He said slapping her butt and walking away. She closed her eyes and sighed. I almost went after him but she stopped me.

"Mama what's going on?" She shook her head.

"Nothing baby. How was school?"

"It was good and practice was fine." She smiled.

"You letting him drive I see."

"Well, he does have a permit." He and I laughed.

"Just be careful sweetie. I have to go back to work so I can get this money for our trip."

"Mama, daddy can..." he cut him off.

"Jason I told you about that. Your daddy can't do everything. Now I'll see you when I get home. Andre should be there in an hour." She hugged him and gave me the evil eye.

"Alright, mama. I love you." He said as they let go.

"I love you too." She kissed his cheek and walked away.

"Alright let's go get some more practice then you can drive home."

"Ok."

We left Zarah's job and then rode around. Then he started driving home.

"Hey dad, do you think you're going to make my games this year." I sighed.

"I will try my hardest son. I can't make promises, but I will try to be at majority."He nodded.

"Ok." He smiled and turned onto their street.

"You know your mother loves you very much and I know she'll do anything and everything she can for you." I stated.

"I know."

"So you know she's dealing with her boss just for you. She doesn't want you to think that only I can provide for you and her but she's always been that way."

"Dad you talk so highly of her why didn't you just marry her. You guys are so good together." He drove through the gates and up the driveway.

"That's a story for when you get older and more wiser." He smiled and parked.

"You think you can pick me up tomorrow and we hang out?" He asked as we got out the car.

"I'll let you know in the morning." We walked up to the door and he opened it. I looked at my watch that said 6:15. "I have to go to a dinner meeting. I'll call you later tonight."

"Alright bye, dad. I love you."

"I love you too." We hugged and he went in the house. I left and headed home. I got there at 6:45.

"So glad you can be on time Dallas." Christy said as soon as I walked in our bedroom.

"Damn, can I get a hey, how was your day, something else besides a smart ass comment." She smirked.

"Dinner should be ready in a few minutes. Don't get undress we have company coming over." I sighed.

"Any other commands dear."

"You should freshen up. You smell a little sweaty." She walked out the room and I shook my head.

I knew what I was getting myself into when I married Christy but over the years she's really changed. I sometimes just think about what if I would've married Zarah instead of Christy. Zarah is chilled, laid back, doesn't take any shit from people, but also has a good heart. While Christy, on the other hand, is just a bag of nails you don't want to fall on. She laughs at the weak and loves to be in charge. She wasn't always like this though.

"Dallas dinner is ready I hope you freshened up." She said through the intercom. I sighed and headed downstairs.

I saw Nathan and Isabella standing in the living room. Isabella was a beautiful woman I don't know why Nathan would cheat on her. She was a nice person until you pissed her off. She was Hispanic and came from a wealthy family.

"Hello, Isabella." I hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello, Dallas." We let go and I pushed Nathan.

"Where is the alcohol?" He asked and I smirked.

"You know we don't do alcohol in this house, Nathan." Christy said turning red.

"Stop it, Nate, he was just playing babe." I said wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Where's Jeremy?" Nate asked. The doorbell rang.

"That's him now." Christy said. Jeremy and Nate and Isabella's son, Jesus, walked in. (Jesus is pronounced the Hispanic way not the English way.)

"Hey, Jesus." Me and Christy said together.

"Hey. Is dinner ready I'm starving?" We laughed and headed towards the kitchen. This should be an interesting dinner.