16 Years Later

Zarah

"Jason hurry up and get up so I can take you to school." I said walking out of Jason's room.

It's been a long 16 years. Jason was now 16 years old and I was 34. Dallas was there like he said he would be. Trying to help me in any way possible. He was at every birthday party, some Thanksgivings, every Christmas, and any sport game he could attend. I was now a Private Investigator for a small but well known company. Andre is still around and helping me out. We found out when Jason was three years old that we were better as best friends and it has honestly been great.

"Dre you need to get up so we can go." I said to Dre coming out of his room. He was also a P.I., but I think it was mainly because he found it interesting that people needed us for finding people or catching people cheating.

Once my parents finally got back from Germany, Jason was two years old and they blamed themselves for the longest until I actually sat them down and had a talk. Ever since that talk we talk all the time and have family dinner over there every Sunday.

I started making breakfast and coffee. Thirty minutes later I had bacon, eggs, and grits, on three plates and on the table.

"Breakfast is ready!" I yelled as I heard feet coming down the stairs.

"Beat you Uncle Dre." Jason said. He had the deepest voice I ever heard a 16 year-old have.

"You cheated so it doesn't count." They said running in the kitchen.

"Boys it's too early to be this energetic." I said shaking my head.

"No such thing as too early for energy mama." Jason said hugging me. He was tall just like his dad and towered over me.

"Eat so we can go." We all sat at the table and ate as I looked at some of my folders from work.

"Zay we go there in another hour put it down." Dre said closing my folder.

"Dre that's important." I rolled my eyes.

"So is breakfast now finish eating. Jason, do you have practice today?" Dre asked dismissing me.

"Uh yeah, I do." He said looking at his phone

"Call to see if your dad or grandparents can pick you up. I have to work late." I said.

"Ok. Do you think dad will be at my game this time?"

"I'll see what I can do." I smiled.

"Ok." I sighed and held my stomach. "You ok ma?" I nodded.

"Girl problems." I smiled.

"Ewww." He and Dre said at the same time.

"It's time to go, finish your breakfast quickly." I got up and threw my plate in the trash and put the silverware in the dishwasher. I went and grabbed my purse, keys, phone, and work phone. "The car pulls off in two minutes and thirty seconds." I said going into the garage and going to the black BMW.

I play this game every day with these two. I started the car and revved up the car. I saw them running out the door and jumping in the car.

"Did you start the dishwasher?"

"Not it." They said in unison.

"Jesus never mind. I got two children." I shook my head as I backed out of the garage. "Put your seatbelt on." I reminded them both.

I drove to Jason's high school and pulled up to the front and parked to get out.

"No, Unc let me get out on your side." I was confused.

"Love you, Jason. Text me and let me know who's picking you up."

"Love you too and I will." He walked away and Dre got back in the car. I left and headed for the firm.

"You almost done with this Sine assignment?" I asked Andre.

"Yeah, it wasn't hard to find her really." He shrugged.

"It never is for us." I laughed.

"True. You almost done with yours?"

"Yeah, I'm finishing today. The person is dead." I said sadly.

"Damn, I hate those." I raised my eyebrows in agreement.

"Me too." I turned into the parking lot, went through security and all that and parked. We got out and walked inside.

"Here goes nothing." He said and I went to my office and saw a file sitting on the desk.

"Oh hell no." I whispered and opened up the file and saw what it was.

Wife thinks the husband is cheating, but wants evidence. Christy Landing paying $50,000 to have this done.

I stopped reading after that. I knew that name from anywhere.

"HOLY SHIT!" I screamed out loud.

"What's wrong with you?" Andre said rolling his chair over to me. I showed him my computer and file. "Holy shit." I got up and went my bosses office. I knocked and waited.

"Come in." I walked in and saw Emory sitting at his desk on the computer. "Why do you look angry?" He asked looking concerned.

"Do I?" I asked sarcastically. "I just want to know can I give that assignment to anybody else?"

"No, I wanted you to do because you've done it before. You're good Zarah and I love that about you." He stood and went to close his door causing me to roll my eyes.

"Emory, please ok I don't want to do this assignment." I said almost pleading.

"Why not?" He said walking closer to me. I sighed and looked at him.

"Why can't you just get someone else huh?" I asked getting irritated now.

"I want you to do it Zarah. You said you wanted that extra money and that vacation time for your son. You have to earn it Zarah." He said pushing some hair behind my ear. Causing me to move my face as I sighed.

I've been wanting to take some time off to spend with Jason and take him on a family vacation. It's been long over due and he deserves it.

"Damn it." I whispered. "Fine Emory I'll do it." I said looking up. He smiled caressing my face making me move again. "Don't touch me again." I said about to walk out of his office until he slapped my butt.

"Get back to work Zay baby." I closed my eyes counting to ten and left his office more pissed than before I went in.

"He irritates me." Andre said watching me walk back to my desk. I nodded in agreement.

"One more year and we can have our own P.I. firm." I sat down at my desk and began getting the information I needed before I went out to start this assignment. I looked back and saw Andre staring at me and I shook my head. I went back to the camera room and grabbed two cameras. I went over to the costume room and grabbed a  wig. I grabbed the folder and headed out.

After 16 years and she's just now realizing this man has been sneaking out on her. No he's not cheating with me, but she must have a feeling about his other family, i.e me. I sighed getting into one of the cars for us and headed to my destination.