The Meet

Zarah

I watch as business people walked all around the downstairs as I looked from my stairs balcony. I just wanted to see how my parents did this type of thing every other weekend. Tired of just watching I slowly walked down the stairs and around the party as I looked at everyone front and act so high class. I took a glass of champagne off one of the trays as the waiter passed and walked around some more when I saw the finest man ever. I saw him look at me as he talked and I smirked.

I walked away, but kept my eyes on him throughout the the night

I was heading outside when I saw my dad walking towards me and I smiled.

"Yes, daddy?" I questioned seeing his serious face.

"Zarah, what are you doing down here?" He smiled as someone walked passed.

"I finished my classes and thought I could come and enjoy the party too. I'm not hurting anybody being down here am I?" I asked.

"No, but behave please these people are very important."

"Yes, daddy I will." He kissed my cheek and walked away. I took a sip from my champagne flute as I heard a voice.

"The daddy card, really." I turned and saw the guy from earlier.

"Not really the daddy card." I smiled.

"I see that. So big man Khalil Collins has a precious daughter?"

"I'm anything but precious. Don't let this material stuff fool you." I laughed slightly as chuckled.

"Let's talk more outside where it's quieter." He suggested and I nodded and followed him outside where some guess were as well.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Dallas, Dallas Landing." I nodded as he put his hand out and I shook his hand.

"Zarah Collins." I responded. "Are you here with someone?" I checked his left  hand and made sure there was no ring, but you still can't ever be too sure now and days.

"No, I'm alone." He smiled a perfect smile.

"So Mr. Landing what is it that you do?" I asked putting my empty glut back on a waiters tray that passed.

"I'm a lawyer at the moment. Just actually started my career." I nodded.

"Interesting and how is that working for you?"

"Pretty well right now, the cases are a little hectic, but nothing I can't handle."

"Good to know." I looked at him as he stared at me.

"Yeah. You have pretty eyes." I smirked.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"So you single Dallas?" I asked bluntly cutting to the chase. I was never the one to play games.

"I'm dating." He said honestly. "Are you single?"

"You know my dad?" I said and he laughed.

"You're already in college right?"

"Yes, I'm just finishing my freshmen year."

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I know I want to do something in investigation or something."

"Oh so you're nosey." He commented as we both laughed.

"I wouldn't say that, but yeah." I laughed.

"That's good." I nodded.

We talked all night getting to know one another. I got to know the man who was going to ruin my life.