Summer Time

Two Months Later
Zarah

"Mom, you want me to take them with me and Josh?" Jason asked waking me from my sleep.

"How are you going to take them when you have practice?" I asked sleepily.

"Umm mom it's summer and you need a break." I looked up.

"I forgot." I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. "You and Josh go ahead I'm good. They're sleeping."

"You sure?"

"Yes, now go." He stared at me and then shrugged.

"Fine." He came and kissed my forehead. "Call me if you need me." He walked out the room and I got up heading to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

It was hard raising two newborns, but I had lots of help. Hell, I think I have more help than I had with Jason. Tristan was really good with them. Andre loved them just like he did with Jason. Dallas was slowly, but surely becoming a pain in the ass when it came to them. With the threats and stuff when it came to Tristan being around them. I just shake my head and keep it pushing. I still haven't heard from Christy or Emory, but I feeling some trouble coming my way.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door. I saw Andre standing there.

"Yes, Carlton." He looked like Carlton going on a job interview.

"Very funny Zarah."

"Why are you dressed like that?"

"I have an interview." So I was correct.

"Ok."

"I just wanted to make sure you didn't need anything."

"Nope, I'm good."

"Alright, well I'm gone. Oh and Leland is coming over." I sighed.

"For what?"

"You know why." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm grown, why do I need a babysitter."

"He's just coming to help."

"Sure he is. Ok, go to your interview."

"Alright." He gave me a hug before he left.

I went to the nursery room and turned on the baby monitor for the downstairs channel. I looked at them and saw Adonis just looking at the ceiling.

This boy never sleeps

This boy never sleeps. I put on the baby carrier that goes in the front and picked him up. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey, mama's baby." I kissed his cheek and put him in the baby carrier. I went downstairs and began making breakfast. I made toast and bacon. I was taking the bacon off the stove when someone came behind me. I picked up the skillet and swung, but they ducked.

"Yo, chill it's me." I heard before I looked down at a screaming Adonis. I looked up and saw Leland.

"Have you lost your damn mind! What the hell you could've given me a heart attack!" I said hitting him.

"Yo, calm down Zarah. Damn, I'm sorry I didn't know you had him on you." He grabbed my hands.

"You shouldn't be sneaky up on people anyway. What the hell is wrong with you." I began rocking and soothing Adonis. He began quieting down.

"Sorry." He said finally when Adonis fell back asleep.

"How did you even get in here?"

"Front door was left unlocked. I know we taught you better than that."

"Andre left last." I said sighing.

"So he left it unlock?"

"You heard what I just said."

"You mind making me some?" He asked as I looked back. "Please."

"Then need to send someone else next time. You always want to eat." I said putting more bacon in the pan. "Put your toast in the toaster." I said and I heard him shuffling.

"Where's Zariah?"

"Sleeping." The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." He said as I nodded and sat at the kitchen bar. "Yo Zarah come here." I shook my head and slowly got up. I walked to the door.

"What?" I hissed.

"You know him?" Leland said and had Tristan standing there.

"He's my boyfriend, you idiot. You know that." I pushed him and let Tristan in. "Sorry about that." I said as we went to the kitchen.

"It's ok. How are you." He said smiling.

"I'm ok."

"You need a break from the kids." He asked as I bit a piece of bacon.

"No baby I'm fine. They sleep a lot more now that they have a semi-schedule."

"Ok." He kissed me and smiled.

"Zarah, you have a letter." Leland said handing me a letter with no return address.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Oh and we joke around here, something she doesn't understand. No hurt feelings." He said to Tristan.

"Nah man no hurt feelings. Me and her dad talked. She's loved." He said looking at me.

"Yea she is." It was silent. "The game room is calling my name so I'll be in there." I opened the envelope. I pulled out the papers and looked at them. My whole body froze and if Adonis wasn't laying his head on my chest I would think my heart stooped beating.

"I'm going to kill him." I said.

"What happened?" They both said. I handed Tristan the papers and he sat down slowly.

"He is tripping." Leland said looking over Tristan's shoulder.

"Leland take Adonis please." I said softly staring at nothing particular.

"Sure." He came and slowly lifted him out of the carrier so he wouldn't wake him.

"Baby just breathe please." I did slowly inhaling and exhaling.

"Why would he do this?" Leland lowly asked.

"Zarah, calm down. Your face is turning red." I closed my eyes and tried breathing in and out, but I know it wasn't working because I quickly shot up and grabbed my keys and wallet and ran outside. I quickly got into my car and took off with only location on my mind. I never thought I would have to really kill him.