Inside Your Heaven - Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Drama at the Lobby

            Around six in the evening, Dawson and Angel returned to the east dorm, only to be met by a bickering marathon.

            “The heck?” Dawson said incredulously, raising one eyebrow.

            “What is it?” Angel asked, following where Dawson was looking. Tracy and Amanda were in the middle of the lobby, Amanda keeping her distance while Tracy kept on fanning what looked like a piece of folded paper. A small crowd had formed in the hallways to watch.

            “Why in the world should I take that paper?!” Amanda spat at Tracy. “I didn’t do anything!”

            “Are you this delusional?!” Tracy threw back. “You smashed a vase on top of a student’s head, and you even attacked another prior to it!”

            “Well she started it!” Amanda was shooting daggers. “If she didn’t —”

            “If she didn’t what?” Angel spoke with a voice Dawson never heard her use. It was one of cold fury.

            The moment Amanda saw Angel, color drained out of her face, but she kept up her show of a tragic heroine.

            “Well, if it isn’t the whore who went after my boyfriend,” Amanda sneered.

            Angel couldn’t believe the nerve of Amanda after doing what she did. She was so delusional that she couldn’t even put her fury into words.

            “What? Cat got your tongue?” Amanda continued her tirade.

            “No,” Angel said, letting her anger flow out. “You want to see the truth?”

            “W-what truth? I-I already said it,” Amanda attempted bravado, but the waver in her voice made her fail.

            Angel didn’t speak, but instead, she removed her blouse and exposed her back, which revealed bruises and scratches.

            “This, ladies and gentlemen, is the truth,” Angel said brazenly. “Amanda Daniels did all this, as well as the injuries she inflicted on Dawson Stewart, my guy,” she stressed to make things clear in front of Amanda’s face.

            Amanda, on the other hand, was looking wildly around looking for an excuse to turn the tables.

            “But you don’t have a witness,” Amanda said with renewed confidence.

            “Oh I wouldn’t be so sure about that,” someone said loudly among the crowd, and every head turned to see Marco leaning casually behind the reception desk. The lobby went deadly silent, not a sound heard but Marco’s own footsteps which, to Amanda, sounded like an executioner’s march.

            “You, Amanda Daniels, sure is something,” Marco said, smiling, but his voice hinted a threat. “You dared hurt this beautiful and wonderful girl, and you even went to hurt my brother…

            “I… I…” Amanda was now cowering as he stepped in closer.

            “The thing I can never forgive and forget is how you dared to touch my brother and his girl and his best friend,” Marco now didn’t care to hide his displeasure and wrath behind his smile. He now looked like a mercenary. “I don’t care if you are a girl, and as much as I like to flog you, I would go as the witness for everyone you hurt and put you in your rightful place…”

            Amanda looked like defeated, but she wasn’t going down just yet. She ran flat out towards Dawson and hugged him around the waist, sobbing the fakest tears anyone had ever seen.

            “Dawson, please,” she pleaded. “I didn’t mean to hurt you… It was… an accident… I’m sorry… we can go back to the way we used to be…”

            To her surprise, she heard Dawson laugh a cold laugh.

            “If it was an accident… why didn’t you stop your hands from making that vase land on me?!” Dawson spat.

            “Dawson… I…” Amanda was speechless.

            “If it was an accident,” Dawson’s voice was a little louder now. “Why do I see black and blue on the skin of the very girl I truly liked?!”

            “It… was an accident…” Amanda stammered. “That’s all there is to it…”

            That did it.

            “IT WASN’T AN ACCIDENT!” Dawson shouted as he pushed Amanda away from her. “YOU NEVER FELT ANYTHING FOR ME! YOU JUST USED ME AS YOUR SEX TOY AGAIN AND AGAIN!

            “Dawson I love you!” Amanda said in her coy sweet voice, and Dawson didn’t take it.

            “If you did, you would have done this to me after that vase landed,” Dawson then turned around and peeled away the bandage covering the angry slash of stitch across the back of his neck. Amanda, with no way out, fell down on her knees in tears.

            “Tracy, is that paper you are holding a summons from your father?” Dawson asked emotionlessly.

            “Yes, and it’s scheduled tomorrow,” Tracy replied. “And there’s also one for you, Angel, and Marco,” Tracy added, taking out several other identical pieces of folded paper.

            “Thank you,” Dawson said, taking the summons from her and throwing one addressed to Amanda. “Take it, or else you wouldn’t have redemption,” Dawson spat. He then gave the others to Marco and Angel.

            “Would you come with me?” Dawson asked Angel, and Angel just nodded.

            “I’ll see the both of you tomorrow,” Dawson said to Angel and Marco before heading out into the night without a backward glance to Amanda.