Inside Your Heaven - Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Being a Mother

            The week passed by uneventfully. After the first two days of being in the hype of excitement, Angel had finally felt comfortable with her new surroundings as well as with her new friends. She found them caring and helpful, especially Dawson. Whenever he’s around, just being there brightens up her day. As for Tracy and Gwen, they are two of a kind, always going at their own pace, and always doing the wackiest stuff, but despite that, they’re fun to be with, and with Warren around, her day’s just full of surprises.

            The morning of Saturday eventually came, and it was at this time that most students at PCU are homework free, which meant going out into the city or wherever it is that they want to hang out to.

            Angel, however, had a different itinerary in mind.

            When she had placed the last of her things in their right places, she found that some of her toiletries as well as some school stuff are running dangerously low on supply, and she needed to go to the city for some grocery shopping. It was Friday that day, and she went asking people out to go with er.

            “Sorry, Angel, I can’t,” Tracy said apologetically when she asked her. “I promised Warren we’d go on a date this weekend.”

            Then she turned to Dawson.

            “I’m sorry too,” Dawson had said. “I’m going with Amanda this weekend on a date.”

            And then there was Gwen.

            “I have a homework to do…” She began saying.

            “Aw… seriously?” Angel was exasperated. “Geez… and I was looking forward to going out this weekend.”

            “Wait, you didn’t let me finish…” Gwen interjected. “I was trying to say that I have homework to do, but it could be saved for later,” Gwen tagged on a smile.

            “Really? That’s great!” Angel said, perking up.

            “But… you don’t have a car,” Gwen pointed out.

            “Well…” Angel was suddenly grinning, pushing her laptop that she was using towards her. On the screen was an email, and it read like this…

To: angelie_hayes@yahoo.com

From: g.hayes@yahoo.com

Subject: none

Angelie,

Hi honey! How’s California? And how are you settling in?

Anyway, I and your father went looking for a graduation present for you. I know it’s rather late, but you need it anyway, and guess what? We got you a car! We just bought it and I think it would be shipped there by Saturday of your first week.

Anyway, that’s all I need to say. Update me every week on the latest in your school life, and just email me or your father if you need anything.

We love you!

Mom

            “When was this email sent?” Gwen asked, smiling.

            “About a week before I got here,” Angel replied. “And if indeed they bought me one, most likely, it will arrive first thing in the morning.”