Inside Your Heaven - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Her Story

            Angelie can’t believe it.

            The boy she saw earlier was her date.

            “Angelie, meet Dawson Stewart,” Tracy introduced. “Dawson, Angelie Hayes.”

            Seeing him face-to-face, to say that he was just handsome seemed an insult.

            He has almond-shaped eyes which had the warmest caramel-tinted pupils she had ever seen. His nose was slender and smooth, tapering to a round point, and his lips, though thin, was smiling boyishly that seemed so out-of-place on a teenager yet it feels so like him at the same time, all set in an oblong shaped face topped with sandy brown hair that’s side swept to the left.

            All the while she was checking him out, she never noticed that she had been staring at him. She was only brought to her senses when Dawson cleared his throat.

            “Oh, sorry,” Angelie said, going red with embarrassment and looking down. around her, people were giggling.

            “Okaaay, we are going to leave the two of you alone,” Tracy announced, and she ushered Warren and Terrence away with her. Angelie looked up at her helplessly, but all she did was wink and mouth you’ll be fine…

            Well, so much for being beside her all the time.

            “Uh, I’m gonna come out honest; I don’t know how to do this either,” Dawson said in a light voice that held Angelie’s attention, for it sounded like a breath of wind or flowing water. It was nice to hear. His cheeks were slightly red and were scratching the back of his head, looking at her with a rather sheepish smile.

            Seeing Dawson being nervous in front of her is downright hilarious that a giggle escaped her lips.

            “What?” Dawson asked, still smiling but confused.

            “You know what? I don’t know either,” Angelie said. “So let’s start over. Hi, I’m Angelie Hayes,” Angelie introduced, extending her right hand.

            “And I’m Dawson Stewart,” Dawson introduced himself. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.”

            “Finally?” Angelie asked.

            “Yeah,” Dawson replied, chuckling. “I saw you earlier on the balcony, and I was going to meet you, but when I came out again, you were gone.”

            “Oh,” Angelie said, smiling knowingly. “I thought I embarrassed you ‘coz I caught you spying on me, so I went back to my dorm.”

            “Embarrassed me?” Dawson repeated with a raise eyebrow, and the next instant, he laughed out loud, and Angelie was embarrassed at first, but his laugh was so contagious that she was soon laughing with him, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

            “It would take more than that to embarrass me,” Dawson said when he sobered up.

            “I’d say,” Angelie chuckled. “Anyway, wanna go eat?”

            “Sure,” Dawson said, and before she could register what’s happening, Dawson had grabbed her hand, and for one infinitesimal moment, she felt like a bolt of lightning had ran up her arm, feeling sparks inside her.