Inside Your Heaven - Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Breakfast for Two… or for One

            “Shhh… she might wake up,” someone said beside her.

            “Of course she needs to wake up, it’s the first day!” argued the other.

            “But she’s so cute!”

            “Yeah, especially after what happened…”

            Angel couldn’t take the whisperings beside her, so she decided to wake up, and the first persons she saw were Tracy and Gwen hovering above her.

            “The two of you are quite noisy,” Angel complained.

            “Well, we can’t wait for you to spill,” Tracy was literally bouncing on her seat, which is one of the chairs of the study tables. “So… what happened lat night?”

            Angel then pushed herself up, and that when she noticed something.

            “How did I end up in my bed?” Angel asked. The only things she could remember from last night after the party were that she was riding in Dawson’s car, and then she dozed off…

            “Well, Gracie told us about it,” Gwen looked like she was dying to tell her. “Around 9pm, she led Dawson to our dorm with you in his arms. He carried you here and tucked you in and then left.”

            “Which is why we want to know details,” Tracy interjected. “What happened before?”

            Her memories came flooding as she remembered everything that happened last night, and just remembering it made her blush.

            “Ooh, you’re blushing!” Tracy squealed, and it just made Angel blush even more.

            “Well…” Angel twirled her thumbs. “When you left us, he seriously never knew what to do, and we ended up reintroducing ourselves. After that, we went to get food…”

            “Oh yeah, that I remember,” Gwen interrupted. “Girl, you eat like there’s no tomorrow!”

            “How so?” Tracy asked.

            “Well, she ate a bit of everything that was on the table!”

            “Wow, girl, you are gonna make any guy poor when you go on a date,” Tracy teased, to which Angel just laughed off.

            “What can I say? I like eating, and I don’t care about what other people think,” Tracy shrugged.

            “I’d say,” Tracy chuckled. “Anyway, what happened after you got food?”

            “We went to the top of the lifeguard post and just… talked,” Angel said, remembering. “And oh, he called me Angel!”

            Angel could swear her ears had fallen off when the two of them squealed when she told them about Dawson’s nickname for her.

            “Seriously, the two of you can’t get any louder,” Angel teased.

            “Oh, Dawson’s whipped!” Tracy said, grinning.

            “Totally,” Gwen agreed.

            “But he’s not my boyfriend,” Angel corrected them. “We’re just friends…”

            “For now,” Tracy said. “Who knows… you might end up together by the end of the year.”