Inside Your Heaven - Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Love Astir

            “What the heck happened to you?” Gwen asked Angel when she got back.

            “Nothing,” was Angel’s automatic and monotonous reply. “I’ll just go take a bath then go back to sleep.”

            Gwen was about to argue further, but seeing Angel’s hurt expression made her think otherwise.

            “Okay,” Gwen said, still worried about Angel. “We’ll talk about it when you’re ready.”

            Angel went into the bath and locked the door without any reply.

            When she heard the shower turn un, she instantly whipped up her phone.

            “Hey, what’s up?” Tracy said in the other line.

            “Angel is upset about something,” Gwen said in a low voice to avoid being heard by Angel. “She was in a good mood when she went out for a jog, but when she returned, she was so down on herself.”

            “I see… did she tell you anything?”

            “No, she didn’t.”

            “Okay, I’ll come by later to see what we can do,” Tracy said before she hung up.

             Something is up… Gwen thought, replaying what happened before Angel went to have a bath. That painfully hurt look doesn’t just pop out of nowhere…

            “What’s up?” Warren asked Tracy. They were at the cafeteria enjoying some alone time.

            “It’s Angel,” Tracy replied with a frown. “Apparently something happened during her morning jog.”

            “Did she hurt herself or something?” Warren was suddenly concerned.

            “No, she’s fine physically,” Tracy clarified. “But from Gwen’s explanation, she’s hurt by something else.”

            Just then, the doors of the cafeteria burst open, and the both of them saw Dawson walk in, panting and sweating and looking frantic.

            “Hey Dawson!” Warren called out, and Dawson’s head snapped up to their direction. When he saw them, a look of relief crossed Dawson’s face.

            “Thank goodness you’re here,” Dawson said as he went towards them. “Have you seen Angel?”

            “No, we haven’t,” Tracy replied, her brows furrowing. “But Gwen said she got back to the dorm.”

            “Oh, I see,” Dawson looked somewhat dejected when he heard Angel’s whereabouts. “Well… when she comes to see you, or you meet her, tell her I need to talk to her.”

            With that, Dawson turned around and started walking away.

            “Dawson,” Warren called his attention.

            “Yeah?” Dawson responded.

            “Did something happen today?” Warren asked.

            “Uh… nothing of consequence,” Dawson shrugged, but his expression didn’t match his nonchalance. “Anyway, I’ll see you around.”