Chapter 11: The Proposal

They had gone out to his grandpa's farm to watch the sunset as his mom watched Saylor. She had her red hair pulled back into a ponytail with a baseball hat on and he had gone out with the boys to go 4 wheeling all day so he had a camo shirt on. They parked in the perfect spot to watch the sunset and they were sitting on the tail gate and he said "You look adorable right now." as he tapped her hat. 

She rolled her eyes and said "I have this on cause I've been to tired to take a shower and wash my hair Saylor is 4 days old and I'm exhausted already." 

"You still look beautiful baby." he said as kissed her 

"But this is a nice break baby thank you." she said as she kissed him back. 

He swallowed hard and said "Emmalynn I um I love you and um watching you give birth to our daughter made me fall in love with you even more. Watching you be mama is so beautiful. From the moment I laid eyes on you all I could think about was how gorgeous you are. And I know in the beginning when you first met me I was an ass and I hurt you but these past 9 months with you have been nothing but amazing and I don't want to lose you so I want to ask you something. Will you please marry me?' as he popped her ring box open.

 Will you please marry me?' as he popped her ring box open

Her mouth fell open and said "Yes.." 

His hands were shaking as he pulled the ring out of the box and slid it on her finger. "Baby god you scare me so much" he said as he kissed her and she started to kiss him back. He broke the kiss and he said "I have two more surprises. um first me you and of course Saylor are going to be staying here in Savannah. We will finish our last year of college here at the community college. And um I'm going to be working for my dad again at the shop so we can have our own place." 

She smiled and said "Baby.." 

"I love you Emmalynn and I'll do whatever I have to make you feel happy and not scared that I'm going to do something stupid again." he said

She smiled and said "Baby I didn't mean that you had to quit football." 

"I know but I did that on my own." he said 

"I was wondering why you weren't going to practice then I thought you must of talk to coach to take some time off." she said 

He smiled and said "It was part of your proposal surprise. Just love Emma and please be patient with me baby. Please don't leave me." 

"Baby..." she said as she saw tears welling in his eyes.

"I proposed to Dot on Valentine's day a month before she started to cheat on me Emma." he said 

She looked down and he said "That's why I screwed around. I was scared to try again and I was scared to get hurt again so I screwed around and then I met you and I was scared to lose you." 

She looked at him and said "Baby I only want you.. from the moment we kissed all I wanted was you but you weren't ready for me." 

They kissed again. 

********

That night they got back to his parents house and found Saylor sleeping on James. "I think you all are going to have a thumb sucker like her daddy." Winnie whispered. 

"Mom shut up" Bucky said as his face went red.

"What I'm just saying she may look like Emma but she has a lot of your qualities." Winnie said 

Bucky rolled his eyes and said "Mom do you mind to watch her just a few minutes longer." 

"No I don't mind." she said

Bucky pulled Emma upstairs and he turned on the shower and she said "Buck I can't have sex." 

"I know that nobody said anything about sex" as he took her hat off and pulled her ponytail out and said "I'm going to wash your hair. No whose the horn dog in this relationship." 

She rolled her eyes and got in the shower and he got in with her as she got her hair wet. "God baby you and your damn curves" he whispered 

She turned and he put shampoo in her hair and he started to wash her hair and he kissed her neck and whispered "So sexy and gorgeous and all mine forever." 

She giggled and said "I love you Buck."

"I love you too baby." as she turned around and she kissed him and started to stroke him. "Mmm baby stop" and she kissed his chest and down his abs and then she took him in her mouth and he said "Mmmm god Emma you know what your mouth does...ttto me oh fuck oh god" as he tried to balance himself by putting his hand on the shower wall. 

"Oh god baby stop.. mmmm yeah.." as he started squirt hot spurts into her mouth. He let out a breathe and said " Wow baby.. mmm" as she came back up to him and he said "You didn't have to do that."

"I know but I wanted to you seemed a little tense." she said

"Well do you blame me I was proposing to you." he said as he put his arms around her waist and kissed her. 

She kissed him and then got out of the shower she pulled on some pajamas and he brushed her hair out and braided it out. Then she went downstairs and said "By the way Winnie I said yes." as she showed off her ring and said "Oh my god James wake up." as Bucky came into the room.

"Did you do it James" James said as he woke up.

"Yes I did and she said yes." he said as he interlaced his fingers with hers. 

"Congrats you two. Now here's your baby go to bed." he said

Bucky took Saylor and said "My sweet baby girl let's go to sleep" as she yawned and squirmed

They went back upstairs and put Saylor in the bassinet and they went to bed as well.