Chapter Twenty

Did you ever deny?
Were you ever a traitor?
Ever in love with your blood-lust and need?

--Vox Populi; Thirty Seconds To Mars

Margo's Mom

___________________________

Margo

My head hurts.

It hurts so bad.

Make it stop.

Please.

All I could see is darkness, and I could hear nothing. I slowly flutter my eyelids open and a ray of sunlight assaults my eyes so I close them again.

I slowly open my eyes again, trying to get used to the glaring sunlight until my eyes have finally adjusted to the glaring brightness. I try to sit up but only managed to lift my head when my eyesight turns hazy as a sudden pain hits my head.

I also notice something biting into my wrists, legs and my ankles, restraining me from sitting up further. With a groan, I slump back on the uncomfortable bed and close my eyes, trying to get rid of the spinning in my head.

"Take it easy, poppet. Your head must feel pretty banged up." I turn to my side to find the rogue with the missing eyeball sitting on a rusty metal armchair, both of his elbows are propped on his thighs as he sneers at me, a well chewed toothpick sticking out of his mouth.

"Just lie down for a bit. I hit your head pretty hard yesterday." He chuckles and I feel a wave of repulse and fear run through my veins. "Sorry 'bout that" he adds, not looking sorry at all. In fact, he looks proud of himself-the sick revolting excuse of a wolf. I squint my eyes as I try to use my ability on him but I cry out when another wave of pain hits my head.

I look down and see that an IV is stuck in my inner right elbow. I could see an amber coloured liquid being transmitted to my body. I realise that this liquid must be the cause of my inability to use my Ace abilities.

I try to lift my other arm so I could rip the IV out but I couldn't. I look at my left arm and find it strapped to the bed. I struggle and try to sit up again but the same pain that hit my head a while ago hit again and I collapse helplessly on the bed.

I look at the rogue and a sudden urge to go to him and rip his throat with my claws hits me because he's just sitting there chewing on his toothpick with a smug look on his face. And it's absolutely creepy when he's just staring at me with only oneeye and the other is nothing but a gaping hole.

The rogue stops chewing on his toothpick and spits it out before concentrating on something. He must have received a message through his mind link. His face contorts with anger and he stands up abruptly, making me flinch when the chair he was sitting on falls back on the floor with a loud clang.