Chapter Five

Superstitiously, I'm watching my words, all of my words.

--Jinx; DNCE

Cassandra

I woke up in a white room.

With white walls, white curtains, a white ceiling, white tiled floor, in a white bed with white sheets wearing a white robe. A woman wearing white comes inside. Jeez, what's with all these white stuff? "Am I dead?" She just smiles at me warmly.

Only one person has ever smiled that way to me. Gloria. I remember her kind face, the way she used to sneak into the barn and give me stuff secretly.

Then all the events yesterday came flooding back, and suddenly I could feel the sting in my chest, and the pain inside my chest as the tears start flowing down my cheeks, dripping and landing on the white robe I'm dressed in.

"Sssh, it's okay dear." The woman says reassuringly.

The woman looks friendly and warm to me. She has blonde hair piled on her head on a tight bun. She's wearing a simple pair of pearl earrings. She has honest, and warm blue eyes, and she looks really friendly. Beside her is one of the most gorgeous women I've seen.

The woman beside her is an African American who looks about my age. She's tall, slender, and has the most interesting eyes ever. They are blue. Her blue eyes are a striking contrast to her skin; making her look like a goddess. "Hey, my name's Jourdan." She waves her hand and smiles warmly at me.

She probably is if I'm dead and am already in heaven.

"Where am I?" I ask her. She smiles at me.

"You're in the Ace territory." She explains vaguely. "Excuse me." The elder woman with blonde hair says, I nod and she gets out of the door. A few moments later, a girl with blonde hair and the same blue eyes enter. I can tell that she's her daughter. "How are you feeling?" She asks me as she sits on the edge of the impeccably white bed.

Then, a brown haired guy steps through the door, looking serious and mad. He's tall, has broad shoulder and hard set blue eyes.

He's hot.

He reminds me of the look my brother has for me every time he sees me and I couldn't help but cower and whimper backwards. Yeah, he's hot but he scares me. The blonde girl scoots closer to me and I instinctively flinch away but she strokes my hair gently, "Hey, it's okay, He won't hurt you." She coos.

I've never felt like this before.

I never knew how it feels to be cared for, to be comforted.

And it feels wonderful.

I look at her and she smiles warmly at me. I look at the woman who looks like her mom, who also smiles at me. Then, I look at the other girl and she also smiles warmly at me before she nudges the angry looking guy and says "Wipe that grumpy look off of your face, Jem. You're scaring her."

It feels great to have someone murmur assuring and comforting words, to have someone stroke your hair and back. It feels wonderful when people smile warmly at you. If it wasn't for Gloria, who has the same soft and kind expression as these people (except for the guy who's angry) I would probably forget that that kind of expression actually existed.

I close my eyes, trying to get this feeling registered in me. I feel like I'm about to wake up anytime soon and face the hellish life of the Silvercrescent pack.

I'll wake up from this dream and face my brother who doesn't care about me at all, my ex bestfriend who is a slut and hates me, my mate who is insensitive and rejected me.