Chapter Seventeen

One shot two shot three shots four shots. All I hear is gunshots, this is where the fun stops.
Bodies drop, hit the floor, music's off, party stops, everybody hit the door, somebody's licking shots

--One Shot 2 Shot; Eminem ft. D12

Margo

Dazzling.

Yep, that's the right word to describe my mate. Jemcerson Ace is fruggin' dazzling. He has a bright smile on his face, his hair is tousled, his eyes are twinkling with love and adoration for me. His face is slightly flushed because of the cold evening breeze. He's looking straight at me with awe and it makes my eyes tear up. He is absolutely perfect for me.

The squealing, the screeching of the girls around me who are staring at my mate with googly eyes are lulled as everything and everyone around me seems to blur as all my focus is sucked by that one gorgeous creature on the stage that is my mate. Mate. My other half, my own. My love. His grin stretches wider, if that's even possible. I guess he's reading my mind right now.

The violins playing in the background as I ogle my mate screech to a halt as a loud CRASH! Comes from the pack house. I turn my head to the back as a member from the Silver Crescent pack comes running towards us. He's panting, his eyes darting here and there. He looks like he's having a panic attack. Something's terribly wrong. A loud, ferocious growl echoes not far from here and everyone tenses.

"Rogues." The guy whispers frantically. "Shit." Jakeson who is standing right beside me curses. I totally forgot about him when Jemcer performed on stage. I don't really care anyway. He's not worth my time. Just then, another loud growl booms and I swear it's closer this time. I crouch as I try to focus on my surroundings. I let the wall of my mind down and as I did, a stream of thoughts hit me full on, making me dizzy.

'Oh my gosh, they're back.' One scared thought zooms in my head. 'I hope no one gets hurt like last time..' another one says in my head. Most of the people are scared, especially the members from the Silver Crescent pack. They just survived from a recent rogue attack after all, and many lives were taken. Especially Gloria. The one person who treated me right when I was here before. The single person who took care of me. Who gave me stuff. Who fed me. She was murdered by one of those rogues.

Fury shoots in my veins and I notice that the male wolves have already shifted. "Donn!" Jake hollers at a member of his pack. "Alpha?" He shouts back. "Get four men with you and take the children and the women who are still injured and can't fight to safety. The others will distract those bastards." Jakeson ordered. I've never seen him like this. He looks so focused. 

I look around the chaos for my mate. A hand on my shoulder makes me tense up and I grip said hand, whip around and with the strength I earned from training, I toss my attacker to the ground. I gasp. "Oh my gosh, Jemcer! I'm sorry! I thought you're one of them!" I exclaim as my mate pushes himself off the ground. He pecks my lips with his before he growls and jumps, shifting in the air into his big, black wolf.

"Be careful." I whisper. He nods before he takes off. Jourdan taps my shoulder and I nod at her. We need all the Aces in the battlefield since we have the abilities. The unmated wolves that doesn't have abilities look at me for instructions. "What should we do, Luna?" Brody, one of them asks me. I gulp. Their asking me.

Pathetic.

Waste Of Space.

You'll never be good at anything.

My bullies' voices flitters in my head once more. I take a deep breath. That was Cassandra. I'm Margosella Ace now. I am the luna of the Ace pack. I'm Jemcerson's mate.