Chapter Sixteen

Kathy and Jourdan

Kathy and Jourdan

______________________

Margo

I know how to drive!  We just kept driving around and around for three hours with Jemcerson gripping the edge of his car seat, and keeps on checking if he's safely buckled with his seat belt. He sat in the car with me for three hours and he didn't even complain, although, actions speak louder than words.

I could tell that he was tired but he didn't say so. Today is my first day of school. I am kinda dreading and anticipating this day at the same time.

"Your turn." Jemcerson's voice drifts through my ears and I look up. He just finished taking a shower. We don't shower together today. Why? That's because it's a school day and we don't want to be late. If we showered together, it'll probably take us an hour to "shower" properly.

I stand up and walk to the bathroom. Once inside, I strip my red, fluffy bathrobe and step under the cascading warm water.I let it wash over me and I couldn't help but moan with relaxation.

"You need to stop that, Margo. You're already giving me a stiffy here." Jemcerson's voice echoes through the bathroom, almost making me slip.I giggle and lather my hair with shampoo.Once done, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around me and another on my hair.

I step out of the bathroom and look for something to wear. I tap my foot rhythmically on the floor as I scan my closet. And since it's my time to meet the people who used to make my life hell, I decide to wear a black sleeveless cotton top with "In Memory Of When I Cared" printed in bold letters in front. I wear it over my black Victoria's secret bra. I then tuck it in my faded shorts. I wear grey Vans and grab my sling bag and head for the door.

I meet Jourdan and Kathy in the hallway. "Morning!" I chirp and the return the greeting. "Did you bring the clothes?" Jourdan asks and I facepalm myself. "Right." Kathy chuckles. "Go get them." I smile and head for my room. I take my black Nike sports bra, workout shorts and a pair of black Nike sports shoes.I go outside, bringing the sportswear.

Jourdan raises her eyebrows at me.

"Aren't you going to put that in a bag?" I smile sheepishly at them as we start walking to the dining room. "I'll put them in a bag." Kathy just looks at my sportswear pointedly. "Jemcerson's bag." I smirk. They both throw their heads back and laugh.We get to the dining room and find my brother. He looks up at us and Kathy stiffens and heads to the kitchen, not even bothering to say hi to Trey.

Trey's gaze follow Kathy with longing and looks down at the floor. "I'll go now. See you at school." He mutters and smiles awkwardly at me yet I just stare at him with a bored expression. He just sighs and walks out, his shoulders sagging. I feel bad. He's still my brother.

"What was he doing here?" I ask Jemcer. "He just stopped by to inform us that there will be a social party tonight." He answers. Cailin, Maya, Jourdan and I look at each other and they all squeal in unison. "We have to go home early so that we would have time to prepare." Maya gushes. I roll my eyes and seat down to eat.