Chapter Three

Let's have another toast, to the girl almighty.

--Girl Almighty; One Direction

Katherine/Kathy Ace

_____________________________

Katherine Ace

"We're running out of food Kathy, go to the grocery store." Jemcerson, our alpha orders and hands me his credit card before walking away, muttering "annoying werewolf appetite" under his breath in a grumpy manner.

Look who's talking? He could devour the whole fridge if he's hungry. Oh well, lemme introduce myself. *Cue the drum roll* I'm Katherine (Kathy) Ace. I belong to the Aces. Ace is our pack name. Cool and unique, huh? Well, we are called Ace for a reason. All of the members of the pack are using the name Ace as our surname. Every single one of us.

Are we all related? Well sort of. We come from different families all around the globe. Jemcer's dad used to travel with his Luna and other pack members to look for fellow Aces. Although we come from different families, we all have one ancestor. Our lineage is quite confusing so I'll just narrate about it later.

The Ace pack is not a very large pack. We consist of twenty-four teenagers, nine kids and sixteen adults. Small group, huh? Well, don't dare underestimate us. We may be small in number but we are very powerful. Most of the pack members came from different parts of the continent that went with Jemcerson's dad who is the former alpha of the Aces.

How can we be so powerful when we are so small in number? Well, we're not just typical wolf-transforming humans. We are special wolves. Why we're special, you may ask? I'll tell you about it later. Now, don't look at me like that, I have groceries to buy. I'll tell you guys later, I promise.

I get in the van, which is often used for buying stuff and food and for travelling together as a whole and speed off towards the city. Our alpha, Jemcerson is very serious when it comes to pack business. Well, he's serious all the time.

When his dad retired, he passed the responsibility on to Jemcerson. Jemcer used to have fun and be happy. But his mate died just two minutes after they met, leaving him broken and empty. 

Of course, anyone who loses their mate is expected to change. Jemcerson watched, helpless as his mate's life drained out in front of him due to a car crash. Jemcerson and I grew up together so I could really see the stark contrast of who he is now and who he was before he met his deceased mate.

Though our pack members came from different places, we are now settling in one place. We used to travel a lot; me, my cousin, her mate, my brother and Jemcerson. We travel to look for fellow Aces.

The Ace is a kind of blood type. It's a blood type that makes a werewolf special. I wouldn't want to go into specifics for now so I'll cover the basics. We sense fellow Aces; and we can tell if a werewolf is an Ace by looking at the back of a person's neck, just below the hairline is a birthmark. A birthmark shaped like a crown. It's so cool and unique.