011: Can You Hear My Heartbeats?

THIS IS A CHAPTER FOR CHANYEOL'S BIRTHDAY EVEN THOUGH HE DOESNT APPEAR MUCH IN IT

I WILL UPLOAD ANOTHER ONE LATER ON THIS DAY AS A BIRTHDAY, RIGHT NOW I HAVE UNI APSMSKOWPQ I HATE UNI!!

Happy Chanyeol Day, everyone!

A/N: P.S!

I said I'll dedicate a chapter for Kyungsoo but I just had to add the others. 'Sob'

—-

"Woah, Mina, you will not fucking believe what I just heard!"

Mina's heart skipped a beat at the sudden yelp of Jongdae, taking his hand out of her cheek and looking down at her as if she shifted into a freaking donkey or something. She crawled backwards on her ass away from him, lifting her legs comically up and snapping her head sideways, searching for 'this thing' that Jongdae heard.

"Shit, Jongdae, you're scaring me," She mumbled, eyes wide and looking around, the skips in her heartbeats suddenly more prominent in her ears. "What did you hear with your freaky werewolf hearing?"

Jongdae didn't even seem to understand (or see) her terror – highly exaggerated one too — for his whole face was contorted into excitement, oddly misplaced considering her fear, but there nonetheless. His feline-like lips were fighting to curl into a smile, whereas his eyes where wide, anticipant; and joyous (for whatever damn reason) even though he hadn't noticed how brazenly scared she was. She, on the other hand, could easily catch on to his exciting facial features.

"Heartbeats," he whispered in awe, voice throaty and low, amazed; "Mina, your heartbeats."

Okay, Mina thought, relaxing a little in her place and then zoning out, eyes going unfocused. Someday, I'm going to murder Jongdae and call the police as an eyewitness. Really, what does that mean? And why did he make it sound horrifying when it was just her heartbeats?

And Goddamn it! Will she be unable to fantasize about her gorgeous men in front of him because her heartbeats will flare and react, exposing her pathetic ass? What about when she's spazzing about Suho, will he hear her then too? She was already obvious about her crush on him, and Jongdae already knows; she doesn't need her racing heartbeats to tell on her even more.

"Mina," Jongdae called, worry in his face. He even waved a calloused hand over her face. Where did she go? "Did you not hear what I just said?"

"I perfectly did, Jongdae," she replied, not looking at him; her eyes still perfectly zoned out, glancing at the bushes and trees the park provided. Her heartbeats were normal now, and she didn't have to worry he'd hear her inner panic. "I perfectly did. A thought just suddenly jumped through my head, do you wanna take a guess?" She turned to him, eyes suddenly ablaze.

"Uh," Jongdae took the remaining space to the end of the bench to sit his butt on, her eyes scaring the shit out of him. "Your face doesn't seem very guess-worthy right now."

It really wasn't. She was half-scowling half trying to suppress a growing grin at his scared face, her eyebrows narrowed down and meeting in the middle like an animated villian's face on those cheesy comics Minseok secretly liked to collect. There was a fire in her pupils too, a fire that licked the glassy surface, threatening to break through and eat him like actual flames. Jongdae didn't think he want to risk his life by guessing falsely and then die.

Nope.

Not a chance.

"Well," Mina sighed sadly, theatrically. "Let me just outwardly say it then. I'm thinking of how I can think about Suho or any hot guy and not have your creepy ass ears hearing my reactions. Or, when I'm watching—"