Chapter 18

We creep back into her house and she immediatly grabs a backpack.

"Here." I whisper, as I hold my hand out for her backpack. "I'll grab the stuff you need and you go get Devon." She nods, gives me the backpack and disappears down the hallway.

I grab the teddy bear she always sleeps with, a blanket, a pillow, her inhaler, and I toss a few extra shirts and shorts in the bag before she comes back carrying a child. She bounces him on her hip as she one handedly grabs everything else she needs.

"Alright, are you ready?" I ask. Then that's when the worst thing possible happens. Devon wakes up. He looks around, locks eyes with me and gives a blood-curdling scream, starting  to bawl.

"Shit, Shay! We need to go!" I whisper yell.

"SHAYLEN! Get your brother." Her dad grogily yells.

"Alright, Daddy!" She screams back.

"SHAYLEN! Shut that kid up!" He screams again.

"I'm trying Daddy!" She yells back.

"Mason, quick we need to go!' She whispers as she gives Devon a pacifier. He still cries.

"SHAYLEN! If he doesn't stop in 4 seconds, I'm getting up to whoop your ass." He threatens.

I fumble for the pixie dust and throw the powder in the air. She runs through it and grabs my hand, then jumps out of her open window.

"Mason please! Quicker!" She frantically swipes the air trying to go up.

"Alright, alright!" I'm starting to get nervous now. I yank her hand as I start to fly.

"SHAYLEN! WHERE ARE YOU?" Her father yells agains as Devon finally stops crying.

"That was too close..."I mumble, looking down at Shaylen and the now quiet Devon. The moonlight reflects off the tears streaming down her face.

"Baby? Baby, what's wrong?" I stop and hover in the air, pulling her next to me.

"We almost got caught, Mason. I-I mean Peter." She sobs.

"But listen honey. We didn't. You're free now. You're with me and I will keep Devon safe. Most of all, I'll keep you safe." I kiss her forehead. "Okay?" I ask. She nods. "Okay, let's go." I smile, starting our flight back to Neverland.

A/N:

Sorry that this was a short update! I've been super busy with school! But since you're reading this, if you guys don't mind checking out my other book, Don't Be Afraid. I would greatly apprieciate it! Thanks guys!