Chapter 8

I'm in awe when I realize what it is.

My shadow.

It flips me off and then dashes out of the room and down the hall.

"Shit." I mumble under my breathe. I can't be caught. I can't be caught. I can't be caught.

I heard a big thud come from the other room. It's throwing everything it sees.

"Get back here, dammit!" I call after it.

All of a sudden a beeping sound starts to ring through my ears. Shit. He still has that alarm system.

"I swear if you don't get over here!!" I hiss. I catch up to him and grab him by the arm, pulling him up to the ceiling.

My father runs out into the hallway and looks about anxiously. My father. It's been years.

"Mason?" He calls out. "MASON!" He screams. He doesn't know I'm here. He falls to his knees and holds his head in his hands, sobbing. "What the hell did I do to make you kill yourself??" He sobs. Kill myself? No. No. No.

"I wish I would have known." He falls onto his side and sobs.

I shouldn't be doing this but, it needs to happen...

I let my shadow go. I falls to the ground then stands up and puts its hand on it's hip.

"Who are you?" He questions it. It shrugs.

I can't be doing this, but I am.

I soar down from the ceiling.

"Dad?" I ask as I see his face drop in awe.

"MASON!" He gets up as fast as I've ever seen. He takes me into a tight hug. He sobs onto my shoulder and tears prick my eyes. I blink them away.

"Dad, I came here to tell you that I'm alright. And that I didn't kill myself. I'm in Neverland. This is all a dream but I love you Dad. Don't ever forget that..." I soar back up to the ceiling into the shadows along with my shadow. He just watches me then slowly stalks back down the hallway.

I wipe my tears away and leave. Back into the sky. I can't do this. Shaylen. I came here for Shaylen. No one else.

Do I have enough dust for the both of them to-Stop it Mason! You came for Shaylen. Stop