Twenty Two- Subway

“We haven’t ventured outside yet!” I exclaim, munching on cereal. Harry nods.

“Possibly the rain has restricted us from doing so…” He states the obvious and I roll my eyes.

“I don’t care, I feel like an adventure.” I state, getting up.

“Don’t, you’re sick.” Harry says, pulling me back onto his lap. My bowl clinks against his but the fact I was lying on top of him was sort of distracting me. He smiles and kisses my cheek.

“Now isn’t that better?” I roll my eyes again and laugh.

“Maybe, but you have bone-y hips.” I prod his pale cheek with my finger.

“I have hips?! I thought it was all torso!” He laughs, poking me back. I place my bowl on the floor with his and roll over so I face him.

“Well, Styles, have you never learnt the body parts?” I smirk, pecking his lips ever so lightly.

“No, because I have four nipples.” He shrugs, pecking me back.

“How does that restrict you from learning the body?” I giggle.

“I don’t really know.” He yawns, his arm resting lightly around my waist. The soft rhythmic beat of his heart filled my ears as I lay on top of him, the rain drops outside running down the window, and his stomach slowly rising and falling. I felt so comfortable and at home, yet I was yearning to venture the backyard since it was our topic before.

“Harry.” I whisper, my face intimately close to his ear. His breathing hitched slightly as I said his name. I smirk and lean closer and closer so my lips were basically on his pale skin.

“Yes, Brooke?” He whispers back, not moving. I pause for effect and wait, watching his face twist with emotions. I knew what I was doing to him.

“I want to…” I pause briefly again, playing with one of his chocolate brown curls. “…go outside.” I grin, hopping up from the couch. He sighs and shakes his head, but a smile grew on his face and his dimples showed in the morning light. I place the ceramic bowls on the countertop and although I was still in my pyjamas, I skip through the laundry and peer out the back door. It was drizzling and there were puddles everywhere. A pool was situated in the middle of the courtyard and further behind was shrubbery and trees and a small grass area, most likely perfect for sunny days, unlike today. I step out onto a cobblestone and look up at the grey sky, catching raindrops on my face. I was completely unaware and oblivious to everything around me before Harry wraps his arms around my waist and looks up with me.

“Have you ever been kissed in the rain?” He asks. ‘No, but I’ve been dissed in the rain… by Ryan.’ I think. I shake my head to indicate no to Harry, and the next part doesn’t exactly take me by surprise. I suddenly feel a pair of warm lips encase mine, although wet they provided a warmth not many other things could. I smiled into the kiss and as I did I felt him too, and the moment was perfect. I didn’t care that we were in pyjamas. I didn’t care it was most likely 10am in the morning. I didn’t care that Harry’s curls were sodden wet and the rain was pouring over us, as was the water in his curls. When he finally breaks away, I feel an almost absence.

“Come inside, you’ll catch a cold.” Harry invites me inside, but I shake my head.

“I want to go for a swim.” I state, but Harry laughs.

“A swim!? It’s Antarctica out here, and you’re sick already!” His laughter rings throughout the courtyard.

“I’ll get better. Please Harry?” I beg, trying to use my puppy dog face. He shakes his head, water flying everywhere, so I surrender, not wanting to sound weird. I step inside before realizing my pyjamas were soaked right through, not that they were that covering anyway.