Nine- A night out on the town

-Second concert, in Westcliff-on-sea-

‘Well done boys!’ I grinned at the sweaty boys as they ran off stage, smiling from ear to ear. Harry runs to hug me but instead I stepped to the side, avoiding the sweaty mop of curls. He laughs it off and runs into a room which contains a shower. I’d told them I’d shout them dinner at Nando’s tonight after the show, so I assumed they’d be fairly excited for that.

‘How about we go clubbing, I don’t feel like Nando’s. I’m so pumped.’ A husky Irish voice frightens me, almost reading my mind.

‘Sure.’ I shrug. The other boys slowly emerge from their rooms, one by one jumping around. They were full of adrenaline and I was starting to think Niall’s idea was better- seeing as they’d probably end up either killing or jumping on each other in Nando’s because they couldn’t sit still. Paul escorts us to a car and tells the boys to stay safe before waving us off. The driver takes directions from Zayn and before I could protest, we were driving to one of the most high-class clubs in town.

‘Are you sure? It’s going to be VIP and all!’ I whine, begging the boys to choose a different club.

‘You think we aren’t VIP, love?’ Louis chuckles, patting my knee.

‘Eh.’ I wink, teasing. Harry plays offended and I send him a sarcastic sympathetic smile, which cheers him up. Niall, Zayn and Liam all sit on their phones tapping away, probably texting family or tweeting.

‘Boobear, you won’t dance with any girls tonight will you? You’ll dance with me, right?’ Harry playfully cuddled into Louis, and Louis stretches his arm around Harry.

‘Of course not Hazza.’ He replies, resting his head upon Harry’s. I smirk and skilfully take my phone out of my pocket and take a photo, planning to tweet it later. They were so cute; I doubted whether they weren’t actually going out. I guess I was just glad that they weren’t fighting like they were before- I definitely preferred this.

As we pulled up outside the club the boys all slipped on a pair of reflective sunglasses and I almost felt under protected that I didn’t bring any- then again, no-one would really swamp me if I was seen out in public.

The boys stroll right up to the security guard and tell him their names, and he nods and lets them through. Niall stops, remembering me, and points to me, gesturing to let me inside. The guard gives me a weary glance and pushes me along, past the queue of almost 70 or 80 people. As we get in the club, the floor vibrates beneath my feet and the whole club jumps and spins. The DJ up on the stage encourages them to jump more and waves his hand in the air (like he just don’t care) while mixing music. The boys pull me over to the VIP section and they each offer me a drink, but since I didn’t normally drink, I refused. Harry, being the stubborn boy he is, brings me back a bottle of vodka. I shake my head but accept it anyway, knowing that he’d never back down no matter how many times I protest. I slowly sip the drink, letting the burning liquid run slowly down my throat, before sitting the empty bottle on the table.

‘Whoa.’ Louis bites his lip, eyeing the empty bottle. I just shake my head and smile.

As the night progresses, the music thumps louder and the dancing gets dirtier, as I become more and more drunk the boys seem to enjoy their time more and more- and eventually, we’re all just crazily dancing around our little section as the music blasts through the place, making the atmosphere wild. The boys seem more drunk than ever, even Liam seems a bit tipsy, despite only having 1 or 2 drinks. I seem to keep myself reasonably sober despite wanting to get so drunk I can’t remember what I did the next morning- I guess the headache kind of stopped me from doing that.

‘I’m going out for some air!’ I scream, trying to avert the attention of the boys.

‘Want me to come?!’ Harry screams back, moshing to the music. I shake my head and weave my way through the crowd to find the back entrance to the VIP area. The black sky is like a velvet sheet above me with the moon and the thousands of stars illuminating the sky as I step out of the building, the wind gushing onto me. The bitter chill runs down my spine. The streetlamps dimly light up the footpaths that led to the dodgy back streets. As my heels click against the grey pavement below me, the echo roams around the eerie darkness. There was a certain feel to the air that made it almost scary, and I was debating whether I should just turn around and go back to the club. The shadows of cars overlap my own and as I walk down the street, no-one seems to really be around. Apart from the clubs that were blasting music at the early hours of the morning, the town seemed to be deserted.