Eleven- Paris

I don’t really remember what happened after Autumn and Alicia left. I remember thanking Alicia greatly, and then the boys and Autumn wondering what for, but everyone ended up brushing it off after I asked them to hush multiple times. I watched as their car pulled away and I got onto the bus without a word- and now I find myself staring at the back of my eyelids, just woken up from sleep. It was the first proper sleep I’d had since a few mornings ago, and I guess I was so tired I just passed out on the couch- I can tell because of the lumpy cushions behind me. I stay like this for at least half an hour- listening to the van sway with the wind and rock when the boys jumped. They’d try to keep quiet when they were around me, but let me tell you this- they are NOT quiet.

Suddenly, a hand brushes my jean leg and I sit up immediately, flinching away from the hand. I open my eyes suddenly to see Niall sitting on the edge of the couch, alarmed from my sudden movement. I’d felt his hand run over the bruises and cuts, and it reminded me of last night. I’d only judged how bad it was while I was laying with my eyes closed- I now realized it was quite traumatizing. It’s a bit hard to explain how I feel, because there aren’t really many words to describe the feeling of it. This will sound either cliché or stupid- but I feel as though I can trust no-one. Not even Ed or the boys or anyone. I trust Alicia, because she helped me. But Alicia is long gone and I doubt I’ll ever see her again- if I do, I want to thank her again, because without her I think I’d be a bit more mentally scarred.

I was scared to tell the boys about the whole incident. It was a bit awkward because they wouldn’t understand- sure, they’d be there to comfort me and they’d be outraged and furious at whoever the man is- but they wouldn’t understand the pain I’ll have to endure from now on. Not just the physical pain, but the mental pain as well. I’d noticed while I had my eyes closed I saw the man in the hoodie in my mind- he would just stand there and smirk. I would then see my crisps and water rolling into the drain- strange, I know, but it was the clearest memory I had. I was almost scared to cling onto it.

Niall is on the each of the small couch in the bus, staring at me with a confused look on his face.

‘Sorry, you scared me.’ I shook my head, glancing at the ground. I still had my previous clothes on- Autumn’s clothes.

‘Sorry love.’ Niall smiles at me, and with a sore cheekbone, I weakly smile back. He gets up and grabs a bottle of water for the both of us and quickly my water from the other night flashes through my mind- but I quickly brush it off before my emotions started to show on my face.

‘Where were you last night? We were all worried.’ Niall passes me the water, and I immediately pull the cap off and take large gulps. It helps with the headache I had started to form again. I hesitate before answering, knowing I didn’t have a good answer. Gosh, what to do.

‘Fell asleep on a public bus!’ I blurt out, half laughing. It was a forced laugh, but I was secretly chuckling at myself- I would probably do that if I had taken a bus last night.

‘Hey Brooklyn?’ Liam mutters, not removing his eyes off his phone.

‘What do you need, Payne?’ I smile, raising my eyebrows at you. A massive grin breaks out on Niall’s face as if I’d just told a joke.

‘I didn’t know you were a dancer.’ He says.

‘You are? That’s so cool! DANCE WITH ME!’ Niall jumps up roughly from the couch and turns on the radio just as Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae blasts through the radio. I chuckle and shake my head, thinking of the pains all over my body restricting me from dancing. I’d been dancing hip hop, jazz and ballet since I could remember- and I went professional at the age of about 15. I’ve danced for Jessie J, Leona Lewis, JLS and even LMFAO.