Fifteen- Security, Boys and Pizza

~23rd of December, 2nd night in Manchester~

“THANKYOU MANCHESTER, GOODNIGHT!” Harry shouts, and a sea of girls scream and cry in response. The lights fade for the final time and the boys run off stage, sweaty and smiling. The crew immediately start to unchanged them and they run for their changing rooms, which held small showers. Louis had finally accepted the fact that tonight we were going our separate ways, and despite how much we all objected we’d be spending Louis’ birthday Skyping each other. We decided to go out for pizza, Louis’ choice, after they were changed and in disguise. They’d all chosen moustaches, which I thought was a little bit immature but if that’s what floats their boat, then so be it.

I wait on the couch and scroll through my phone as usual, waiting for the boys to come out. Eventually they all come out together, fixing each other’s ties. I scanned them all up and down- tuxedos. I suddenly felt under-dressed.
‘Boys, we’re going out for pizza. Not for caviar and crème Brule.’ I sigh, rolling my eyes.
‘That’s okay; you can wear the pretty dress you wore on stage the other night!’ Liam smiles, handing me the dress. I give a deep sigh and give in, because I’ve quickly learnt that disagreeing with them wouldn’t get me very far.

I slink backstage and into Niall’s dressing room and immediately slip on the dress. Luckily for me, the bruising is less visible but still there so applying the make-up to it wasn’t difficult. I quickly fix my mascara and lip gloss and apply eyeliner, just to add effect. My hair hangs limply down past my shoulders but since there wasn’t a hair brush around, I shrug and leave it as it is. Back where the boys are, they’re play-fighting with microphones when I walk in.
‘Really boys?’ I glance at them, fighting the smirk off my face. All of their jaws drop and I roll my eyes, almost used to their attention now.
I never said I didn’t like it.

We all hopped in the heavily guarded van with fans surrounding all but the front, and as we drove out, we had to be careful we didn’t run anyone over. The driver was certainly cautious. The ride to the pizza place was silent because everyone was on twitter and I was playing angry birds on my phone. Paul tried to start conversation a few times but miserably failed as none of the boys were willing to participate and as much as I would like to talk, I just couldn’t be bothered. I felt bad, though.

When we got out, I was surprised no-one followed us. We were completely alone except for a few couples and a family sitting in random places. We chose the biggest table there because we had over 17 people to seat (with security, the boys, Paul, myself and the band members, plus everyone behind the scenes) there was definitely a few more people than there were seats. The boys and I elected to sit alone on another table, and surprisingly, we were granted the wish. We sat on the other side of the joint, isolated from everyone else.

Once the atmosphere picked up an electric vibe, everything started to become fun. We ordered and then played 20 questions, banter flowing across the table. It was quite cheeky as well, with a kiss on the cheek here and there. The boys were starting to flirt, and with the pile of alcohol building on the table, I guessed that some of the boys were planning to go to a nightclub afterwards.
‘Drink, Brooke?’ Louis smiles, passing me a bottle of beer.
‘No thanks, I’m not drinking tonight.’ I shiver, thinking back to the last time I drank. 
‘I’m out as always fellas.’ Liam leans back, a grin on his face.
‘No fun, I’ll be out since I’m driving the pretty lady back to Cheshire.’ Harry sighs, winking at me.  I don’t bother to hide the smirk on my face. Louis’ smile falters but he continues smiling.

Our pizzas arrive, and between ourselves, we have at least 8 for the 6 of us. 3 of them belonging to Nialler of course, and Zayn and I elected to share one as he wasn’t up for a whole. We continue the games over dinner, and by the end, Liam had cheese strung across his forehead, Harry had bits of pepperoni in his hair, and there was a piece of pineapple up Zayn’s nose. I was one of the lucky ones who didn’t get a food dare, but instead, I was told to go and give Paul a kiss on the cheek. Not wanting to be crowned ‘Queen chicken’ I did it, and then was warned sternly that Paul had a wife. I had to try my hardest not to giggle.