Chapter 4

I get to use gas station 10 minutes later, to find five cars parked, one of the five is at a pump. The bright LED lights blind me from walking in the alleys on the way here, but I must get that ticket. I reached the door and hold it open as two teens walk out.

"Motherfucker, we were this fucking close man." I over hear the taller one complain as they get in a blue truck and drive off.

I looked inside to see a sign by the register, no more tickets. I feel my face fall, I missed it. I missed my chance. An old man comes to the door and I hold the door open for him as he walks to the car at the pump. He walks out, but the bag with his items breaks. I scoop up the stuff and help him carry the items to his car; helping him with the pump too.

"Thank you," he smiles sincerely at me.

"No problem, have a good night," I return.

"Hey, kid. Do you know that band thing that was going on here?" He questions me.

I nod.

His smile grows, "I'm too old for concert these days and I got the last ticket. As a thank you, would you like it?"

I feel my smile slowly grow as he was talking. "Yes, thank you so so much!"

As he hands me the ticket, I try not it snatch it out of desperation. I got it. I'm going to see them!

The whole way back to the park, I’m in euphoria. I feel like I’m on cloud 9. When I get back to my tree in the park, its textured bark relaxes me, and makes me fully understand that I’m not dreaming. This ticket in my hand, its real. It’s not another dream. I grab my blanket, curl into a ball, and fall asleep, finally happy.

<<A.N. Yush, another update. I wanted to get somewhere with it so here. Thanks luvs...>>