Chapter 3

For the past two days, I have been basically just riding the bus and walking around the town, occasionally going to the market for a little loaf of bread or an apple. People are talking more and more about the upcoming concert tomorrow night. I wish I could go, but I have only a flimsy ten dollar bill to last me this next week, and tickets are sixty dollars a piece.

As the sun falls and the moon rises, I find myself back at the stump of my tree at the park. I scroll through the artists, and put Of Mice & Men on shuffle. Curled up in my blanket, music playing quietly, an alert tone from my phone startles me. I click and open the white tile for it to open to an Internet page. I feel my heart race. It's an ad for the concert tomorrow night, the concert to my favorite band. The one that has saved me, the one I am listening to right now. Of Mice & Men. I been listening to the ads about free ticket opportunities for this last year. It informs me that the first five people to make it to a specific gas station will win a free ticket to the concert.

I feel myself start to shake, this is my chance to finally meet them. I look up the location, but find it's a mile away. If I leave now, I might make it. I hide my bag and stuff in the hollow trunk of the tree. I get up, holding my side, and start on my way to the gas station.

<<A.N. Please comment, or vote. Anything? Thanks luvs>>