Chapter 19: Tyree

"I can't believe he's dead."  Tyree choked out the words. He did feel bad that Cable died, but he knew that most of what he was feeling was from Crush. Crush must have been close to Cable. Memories started flooding in and Crush tried to prevent them, but the binary process was too far along. Evident by the slimmer appearance of Crush on Tyree's wrist.  Tyree experiences the joys and failures of Crush with Cable on their many raids during the uprising. 

The Sparks have perfect memory and remembered everything they experience in detail. Tyree took Crush's place during one such memory. Crush, Cable, and two other members were on a black ops mission.  They were too apprehend Megatron, who apparently was only pulling the strings at the time. 

Along with their two other members Flint and Forge, they infiltrated Megatron's estate. Megatron was a wealthy and respected businessman on Pluto. He painted a picture with his donations, charities, and non-profits that most other Sparks didn't' believe the rumors. Megatron made more money through back door deals, torture, and ran his particular part of town with a literal iron fist. 

Crush's team infiltrated and Tyree could feel the anticipation of Crush even through the memory. He took out a guard and battle instincts told him to look up. A guard with a rifle was about to fire before Cable dressed in black severed the guards head with his own bare hands. The two of them covered each other back when they met up with Flint. Flint must have been from the cutting tribe as he used chakrams, enlarged rings with sharp edges to dispatch the guards he dealt with.  They watched as Forge took down three guards of her own from behind with some sort of spray.

"Why are you thinking of this moment?" Tyree asked Crush. Crush remained silent and didn't respond as the memory continued.

Their team stalked into Megatron's boardroom. Megatron stood facing the windows staring at the city he made famous. He turned to face Crush's team and seemed unimpressed. Tyree could see what made him intimidating to other Sparks. Megatron was one of the taller, bulkier Sparks that Tyree encountered. He could feel that Crush felt the same, and Crush was one of the bigger Sparks.  Megatron had no distinct features from first glance that denoted which tribe he originated from.

"We were supposed to bring him in." Crush said inside Tyree's head as Tyree continued to experience the memory as Crush. 

"Good evening, Cable. I hope this isn't an assassination attempt. That would prove to be unwise. We both know that your resistance is falling apart. Even if you take me in, I'll be out in no time. I didn't help build this city from rocks and transformed it to the little town you knew. I am this city. The old way of doing things, keeping ourselves hidden from the Earth and the other planets are over. We Sparks, no, we Plutonians will rise and show our superiority. Starting with our own planet. Survival of the fittest." Megatron smiled and then laughed. It was short and deep.

I could feel Crush's need to punch Megatron, but he was following orders. His electronic heart beating. The anxiety drowning him. Still, he fought through it all and Tyree wished he had that willpower, because if it was Tyree, well for the first part he wouldn't even be there. Tyree wasn't a hero, but since he was younger he always found a way to be popular.  Sure he wasn't as popular as the most popular kids in school, but he was known and respected, that was enough for him. Crush, on the other hand, could care less about popularity. In fact, Crush was the opposite and always kept to himself until he joined the ranks of the Army so that he could be just another face.  

Crush didn't know how to handle his emotions and Tyree did. They both had more than just being soldiers in common or having the loves of their lives leave them. They needed each other and this memory was showing Tyree that Crush didn't have many friends, but that Cable was one of them in addition to being his superior. This mission was just one of the many they had together and there was a deep respect for each other. A respect that Tyree now shared with Crush, but Tyree could feel that something was different from the emotions of this particular memory. A sadness.