Chapter 7: Tyree

Somehow Tyree was surprised he was still alive. Even on the night where Olivia broke up with him, she didn't seem mad. In the course of their four-month relationship, he has seen her get upset, but nothing too crazy. 

He wished he could go back to that because her eyes were cold as ice. She was standing now and was only an inch shorter than his 5'9 frame. Her light caramel skin glowed despite now being covered by her robe. He still admired her legs which peeked from the short robe.

She looked around at Murphy, Colin, and back to Tyree. Her eyes were like daggers. The warm, gentle, infectious smile of hers was nowhere in sight. He wished he could just run out, but  Colin and Murphy blocked the door.

Her apartment was clean, everything had a place. She had a red theme, another common trait they shared. He wondered if his blood would blend in with her carpet after she killed him. Which he was sure was about to happen. 

What happened next, he couldn't believe it. Her face softens and the lips smoothed into a small smile. She embraced him with a small push that moved him back. Her face buried into his chest. He stood there dumbfounded. This must be a dream he thought. He could hear Crush also confused at the event happening. 

His heart was pounding and she looked him in the eye.

"I should be mad at you. In fact, I am mad at you, but if what Haze told me is true. We need to work together. I'm sorry."

Tyree finally hugged her back. He was still mad at Colin for bringing the Sparks into their lives. If it wasn't for that, Olivia wouldn't have become a host. If Olivia could forgive him for choosing her as a host, then he should be able to forgive Colin. 

"Thank you," he said with an awkwardness in his voice.

"Well, now, that went well" bleeped Haze, her voice sounded smooth, clear, and precise. 

"Haze, I'm glad you're doing better." Crush said. Tyree noticed that Crush felt the same about Haze as he did about Olivia. He laughed to himself before realizing that Crush could hear his thoughts too. They traded insults inside his head. 

"Haze, how are you host...Olivia doing?" Cable asked. 

"She is operational. For her species, she is at the peak of health. Her heart rate is a little higher, but I believe that's because  of Crush's host, Tyree."

"Well then, since we're all together, the only one left is Flair and... Ashley was it?" Murphy asked

"Correct." Crush blurted out. Tyree noticed that he was trying to keep the attention away from Olivia/Haze and himself. Tyree thought if he should be using "us" instead of "I" since they were all sharing their bodies. Olivia seemed fine with everything that was going on. She could be forgiving, Tyree did see that, but something like this seemed like she got over too quick. She was hiding her true emotion. She didn'' really forgive him, she was just putting it on the back burner until they figure everything out. Just like she did when she broke up with him.

Inside his head, Crush agreed with him. If she was going to put up a front for the betterment of the world, then he would do the same. 

"Okay, so what's the plan going forward, after we check on Ashley?" he asked.

"Don't know yet, depends on if we have Flair." Murphy and Cable spoke at the same time. 

Tyree must have a weird expression on his face because Murphy looked at him. Awkwardness continued to fill the room. 

"Oh, it's part of the fusion. Soon you and Crush will be speaking together too."

"In fact, sir, maybe it's time we explain the whole process?" Haze asked. Murphy looked at Olivia who shrugged. They all sat on her couch. Olivia at the far end away from Tyree. Colin sat in the middle.