Chapter 27: Olivia

The plan is to go back and have Flint fight Cable. For whatever reason, electric beats ice." Colin said. 

"The only problem with that is that isn't a plan, that's more of an action," Tyree responded.

"Sounded good to me," Clive said and paused. "Oh, Flint agrees."

"Can the three of you be serious?' Ashley asked annoyed, but looking almost dreamy eyed at Clive.

"He's going to know that Flint is with us. or at the very least that we plan on using Flint." Olivia said. "The only good thing is that neither Clive and Anasi has been exposed to the snow glow.

"Right, so we go in there and we let Anansi and Flint do their thing. I don't want to make a concrete plan again, they never go right. Right now we have one power play. We have to use that to our advantage. Olivia's right, he's going to expect Flint. so we have to bait him." Colin said. 

<Tyree?"> Razor asked.

"That's assuming he is still at Barnes & Noble," Tyree said. He looked different to Olivia More confident than before. She wondered if that was because of Crush having merged with him or if this was that competitiveness she only saw from him when he played basketball. He even walked differently. She did notice that he was standing further away from Colin. Were they at it again, or did it have something to do with Clive?

"Ashley, can you come up with a device that can counteract his snow glow?" he paused. "That still sounds ridiculous to me, what about you guys?"

"I don't know. It affects all our senses. Smell and hearing. I don't think there a device I can make that will negate that. Sounds like once you see it, that's it." Ashley said.

"So, then we need to hit him fast and hard," Colin said.

Olivia was scared and try not to show it. She still had faith, but she doubted a little. She came close to scaring herself to death, literally, when Cable tricked her into thinking she was poisoned. She needed to make sure this time she put all her faith into God. After all, he brought her this far. She looked at Tyree again and smiled. At least she still had him too.

"If that's the case how do we go about it?"

Colin came up with the plan with Tyree, Ashley, and Clive putting in parts to make it full proof. Before teleporting back Olivia convinced Colin to call his family. Everyone else did so leave Tyree and Olivia alone together.

"You're not calling home?" Olivia asked.

"I did already, way before we started the investigation. How are you holding up?"

"I'm okay."

"Listen, I know I promise to get you through this, but "

"I knew what I was signing up for. Well agreeing too I guess I should say, I didn't really sign up for this."

"I'm sorry."

"No, Tyree, I didn't say that to guilt trip you. Listen, I forgive you for this. I know deep down, you wouldn't do this to me on purpose, but I'm glad you did.  I may have wanted too much from you when we were together"

Tyree's eyes widen in surprise. "Gee, Olivia, thanks, but we all have expectations. I didn't' meet yours."

"You did, I have no right to rush you on your spiritual journey. Love is patient and kind. I wasn't"

"To be fair, me either. I know I messed up and I expected you to do more even though it went against your, our, biblical commands. You made the right choice. I'm just happy that we forgive each other because that's what friends do."

Tyree embraced her with a hug and she reciprocated. He smelt good and her heart raced. She replied trying to hold back tears. "You're right."

The others trickled in one by one. Everyone armored up with their Sparks. They all nodded as Colin started the teleportation process.