Chapter 11: Olivia

Ashely was average to Olivia, but she had a nice toned athletic figure. Her skin contrasted with her dark brunette hair that was worn down past her shoulders. She must have slept in the track shorts and tank top exposing her strong arms. She let them in without too much of a fuss. 

Her home was being remodeled and Olivia was fascinated. Colin and Tyree told her that Ashley lived by herself.  That she was doing the remodeling herself. Olivia didn't know anything about construction or mechanical things. They sat in the kitchen where the walls were knocked down to their foundation. 

"Why are you guys here?" Ashley asked.

"You mean, you don't know?" Colin responded with a question of his own. Olivia assumed that they were all thinking the same thing. That Ashley bonded with Flair. Flair was in watch mode and around Ashley's wrist.  If that happens, why was Ashley acting like she didn't know anything?

"I guess you mean this bracelet thing on my wrist. I see you all have them too. What is it?" Colin and Tyree exchanged glances. Then they looked to Murphy who was on the phone with his department.  Olivia could tell that neither one of them wanted to explain the situation.

"Go ahead tell her Tyree," Olivia said. Tyree shot her a look of confusion and betrayal. She didn't care.

"Well, you know, it's kind of funny. I mean." he stuttered. "I mean it's not going to be funny right now, but after everything is done, it's funny," he lowered his voice, but Olivia still heard him. "maybe." 

"I'm listening."

"You see Colin found these watches, bracelets outside the bar we were at earlier. Well turns out that these watches are actually an alien race of cybernetic lifeforms."

"You mean, like robots?" 

"They hate being called robots," Olivia interjected. 

"Right. so turns out they're from the planet Pluto and they are in a civil war with a terrorist named Megatron, they track him here."

"But in order to survive, they all need a host. So Tyree here thought of you and " Colin tried to explain, but Olivia interjected again.

"and me. Now these aliens, are called Sparks. Once they bond with a host they can't leave us until they used us all up or unless someone stronger comes by." 

Ashley turned towards Olivia, "Why did they choose you?"

"For my medical expertise, I"m a nurse and it goes well with Haze." She lifted her arm to show Ashley Haze in watch mode. She noticed that Haze started to look slimmer. "and apparently because Tyree is still in love with me."

Tyree flushed which made Olivia snickered. A black man blushing is the funniest thing. Ashley wasn't laughing though.

"So, one of you has a crush on me, that's why I was chosen?" Ashley question both of them.

"Well, not exactly," Tyree said. "Colin has a crush on you..."

"Hey!"

"Dude, I have to tell the truth. We were talking about you two earlier and when the Sparks needed a medic and an engineer you two pop in and my Spark, Crush, relayed the info to Haze and Flair. They came after you two." 

"So, Colin has a crush on me and I'm supposed to help you guys as an engineer?"

"Yes, hasn't Flair told you that already?" Colin asked.  She noticed that he was tiring not to make too much eye contact with Ashely. Funny, from what Tyree told her of Colin, he was adventurous. It's amazing how strong women could be. That even the most courageous of men can fall prey to love, lust, or something in between.