CHapter 6: Tyree

The night air was getting cooler. Reminding Tyree of his days in Canada. His dad was a traveler and would pick and move the family every two to three years. He remembered being annoyed with not staying in one location. Although that's what made his family stronger. Every day they had to wear three layers, their underwear, and long johns. Regular clothes, two pairs of socks, and a snowsuit. Those were the days and if Tyree lived through this, he was going to go visit. 

They arrived at Olivia's apartment which was only minutes away from the store. His heart was pounding. Olivia had broken up with him only a few weeks ago. The pain was still too new and he didn't really want to let her go. He wished he could go back and fix his mistakes. He talked a good game, but in the end, he knew it really was his fault that they broke up. 

He didn't show enough initiative when her car broke down. Then there was his clinging behavior which manifested at always needing some form of intimacy. He also didn't' have clear goals for himself much less a future with a woman. He knew she loved him, but she also knew that he wasn't over his ex either.  

Way to go, Tyree, he thought to himself.  The three men all walked up the steps. The steps were made of wood and creaking noises no matter how soft you tried to walk. At the top of the stairs Olivia had a floormat with the bible verse John 3: 16.  Tyree thought if God really did forgive all sins, why can't he just have Olivia back.

Murphy knocked twice on the red-painted door. The knocks were loud and slow. 

"Maybe only one of us should have come up." Tyree said. "all three of us, especially me, may make her freak out more."

"True, but it's too late now,"  Colin said as Murphy continued to knock on the door.  The whole complex was quiet. Tyree couldn't' hear anything from inside. He looked at the time. 1100 on a Saturday. She's usually in bed, he thought to himself. 

"Maybe, she isn't home?" Tyree hoped. Colin put up one of his hands  Flipping his wrist upward a map came up inches above it.  '

"No, she is in there and so is Haze." The three of them looked at each other and nodded. They suspected two things. Olivia was either attacked before Haze made it there or Haze ate Olivia. Either way, Tyree's heart jumped. IF their friend killed Olivia, the hell with Earth. He said. I'll take revenge. He surprised himself, he wasn't usually so, violent. 

Murphy kicked opened the door and Tyree's eyes went wide. Olivia laid on the floor in her nightgown. On her wrist was Haze. 

"Haze?" Murphy asked.

"Olivia?" Tyree asked right after. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." He ran to her and checked her pulse. She was warm to the touch. His pulse was strong and steady. 

"Is she?" Colin asked approaching his friend. Tyree could see that he cared too. He rolled her over to expose her back, checking for any wounds.

"She is and as far as I can tell she hasn't been hurt." 

"You still love her." Crush said. 

"Of course I do. I hope you're not broadcasting that with Razor and Cable." 

"I told you before, I can only communicate with them if you direct me at them. Otherwise, our thoughts are our own." He paused which sounded wired in Tyree's head. "I know how you feel, I lost my love too."

"Now is not the time." 

"Now is a perfect time. Listen, kid, I know you don't have any good reason to trust us. Hell, I agree with you. We should have been more honest about our nature and maybe talk with your authorities. We made a mistake., but make no mistake that we want to find Megatron and  we will do so at any cost."

"I know. I know." Tyree kept checking her for injuries. "That's what worries me about you."

"Me?"

"Yes, see Razor wants to find Megatron, but not at the cost of others. I can see that. You, on the other hand, want to get this over as quickly as possible. you don't care who gets hurt."

"Why should I care? You're just an ends to the means. All of you are, but if you want us to go I'll go. See, Razor is a clumsy, little boy scout. Me? I've been through stuff. One of the reasons why I didn't eat you was because we are kindred... spirits. We lost loved ones. We left our missions. We are outcasts. The only difference is that you prefer to please others and I don't. I could care less."

"Why do you have this thing against us humans, anyway?"

"You all are too arrogant. Do you want to know about us Sparks? We came from Pluto. You know, the planet that your species deemed it a dwarf planet. Not worthy of being in the solar system."

"That's it, we changed the classification of your home and now you hate us? We didn't' know intelligent life was up there."

"Ignorance is your species power. You look for signs of life outside your planet, but when confronted with the truth you don't believe it. Even now you know good and well that if we go to your authorities they will experiment on us and not care about Megatron and Optimus forces. You are all."

"Shut up already," Tyree yelled in his head,  Trying to focus on what he was doing and realizing that Crush is a more of a jerk. "We are not all like that. That's like saying that you and Megatron are alike."

"Look, let us agree to disagree. I just want to focus on finding him, so I can get back to my world, so I can..."

"What?" Tyree asked.

"Nothing. Fix your girl." he trailed off. Tyree wanted to ask more questions, but he knew how people acted. Give him space, or at least as much space as one can five when sharing the same mind.  He rolled Oliva back on her back and closed her robe.

"I think she is alright, but I'm not a doctor." he looked at Murphy and Colin. 

"You didn't check to see if my throat was clear," Olivia said rising up.

"Olivia!" Tyree smile melted away when he saw her eyes. IF looks could kill, well he would be dead ten times over. 

"You have some explaining to do."