The Fault in Our Stars (Part 1)

So, there will be two more parts AFTER this one. I split this chapter in half. I want to know your guys' opinion; which was your favorite book of the series? 

One Night
Stars Align
Love Is Dangerous

I'll say right now that my favorite to write was Stars Align, but I want to know your opinions as readers. Please, no rude comments, I know my writing is not always the best. I'm just doing this for pure fun. I enjoy writing for you guys and seeing your comments and ideas. I don't get a lot of time to read but when I do I'm blown away by the originality I see here in this fandom. 

You've guys really been making me smile lately. Please keep it coming. <3

As always, please vote and comment. I love you guys somaj <3

I'll try and update tomorrow night.

-----

I could feel the leftover heat radiating off of the rocks against my cheek as I lay on the gravel. I ran the back of my fingers over it and studied the multi-colored pebbles beneath my worn, tired body. The rain stopped and all that was left were the threatening dark gray clouds that hung overhead. My eyes were heavy, but I felt nothing else. I turned onto my sore side and reached my other hand out to the scattered pebbles to touch them lightly with my fingertips. The side of my head lay against them lightly and I felt myself getting sleepy.

I listened carefully as I shut my eyes and waited for any sign of anyone coming to get me, but only silence answered me back. I exhaled quietly and let my body relax as if I were in my own bed at home. I figured, if I were worth it, someone would come eventually.

That’s when I started to smell smoke. I opened my eyes slightly to see the black smoke dancing over me and up into the sky to disappear. I just watched it knowing what was coming, but I didn’t move. I just let the inevitable happen despite what the consequences were.

I felt the flames ignite somewhere behind me and I curled up into a ball. I reached and brought the hood of my leather jacket over my head. I crossed my arms over my chest and felt tears come up into my eyes. The familiar feeling of relief washed over me and I waited for fate to take me.

---

2 days earlier

“I don’t feel right about leaving you.” I murmured to Scott as I held onto my carry-on outside of the airport terminal. He kissed me on the forehead.

“I’m going to see you in one week.” He pulled me into him. “Then we’ll finally be married. All this stress will be gone and we can start our lives!” He kept his voice quiet so no one around us would eavesdrop, but his tone was enthusiastic and excited.

I smiled up at him. “You’re right.” I sighed. “I’m just stressed and I need you.”

“You’ll be okay at home. Ally and Grace are there to stay with you so there won’t be any drama!”

“Flight 214 at Gate A is now boarding.”

“That’s me, sweetheart.” I said and pulled back from my fiancée. He smiled sadly down at me. He was stressed too and I didn’t feel right leaving him in this state. I was scared he was going to get cold feet and leave me. Even worse, I was scared I was going to get cold feet and run. I was feeling so optimistic last time I was home and now it was like that was completely gone.

I tiptoed up and kissed him on the lips. “I love you, Scott.”

“I love you too, Mitch.” He smiled. “See you at the altar.”