Cliffside

There are over 11,000 reads on One Night and over 5,500 reads on Stars Align. I'm so humbled and happy :3 

You guys are the best. Your comments seriously make my day, please keep it up :3 <333

ALSO if you have any requests/ideas that you'd like to see written out, please message me for my one-shots book! <3

Enjoy <3 Sorry for the short chapter. Next one will be longer, I promise.

---

I felt like a damn teenager again.

I slept alone in my room and tossed and turned the entire night. This wasn’t my home anymore. Scott was my home.

Granted, we wanted to spend time with our families so I wouldn’t see him until the next morning. I stared up at my ceiling blankly and found myself restless, so I got up and walked downstairs. I pulled out my phone and shot Scott a text, but there was no response for the half hour I was down there. I stepped into my front yard and sat on the front stairs, taking in the cool summer air. There was something hauntingly nostalgic about all of it.

I wished I could call Grace and ask her to come and hang out with me, but I’d have no idea how to get a hold of her now. Or Ally, for that matter.

Once I was leaving for the Sing Off, Ally was getting ready to leave for New York University and Grace was going to move with her because she couldn’t live with her Mom anymore.

Everything that happened to me when I was younger was so…traumatic. Now that I think of it, I’m not sure how I even was able to come out of all of it and be somewhat stable. Things were still trying to knock me down left and right even now but somehow I was okay.

I took in a deep breath as all the realization hit me.

Scott’s way of living was that if he were good to other people, then good things would come to him. It was more of an unspoken thing, but he always tried to do the right thing and his life was turning out incredible. I always labeled myself as his “damaged best friend”, but I was just like him. We both made mistakes, sure, but for the most part we were good and now we were happy – successful careers, an incredible passionate romantic relationship, and three incredible best friends.

Everything was finally turning out! I was happy!

I smiled wide and thought for a moment and nothing but silence answered me back. The voice was gone after all of these years. I finally had peace!

---

Morning was harsh, mainly because Scott jumped into my bed and scared the hell out of me.

“Dammit!” I hit him with my pillow and he giggled back at me.

“Get up!” He said and bent down to kiss me on the lips. “Come on, we’re going on an adventure!” He held me from above the covers and I smiled up at him.

“Okay…where?”

“It’s a surprise.” He winked at me and then jumped up off the bed, coming around to my side and uncovering me before picking me up.

I yelped in surprise and then wrapped my arms around his neck tightly. “I’m still half-asleep! Take it easy!” I giggled and then leaned over to kiss him on the cheek.

He hummed happily and swayed me back and forth and we stood there for a while, quiet but kissing each other every now and again.

---

“Oh my god!” I gasped excitedly once I realized where we were going. Scott started laughing.

“I’m glad you remember!” He said.