Chapter 14: I hate to see your Heart Break

We're here at the rooftop

The same spot where I admit to myself that...

"Yes, I'm entirely bonkers for this girl who laughs at my corny jokes or awkward situations, cries easily when she's hurt or hungry, makes me sing random songs just because she wants someone to lull her to sleep, though my voice is still improving little by little. Wakes me up at 3am because she's randomly craving for strawberry icecream, clings and annoys me everytime she feels like it, Teases me though I'm much more taller than her."

This is the spot where I confessed on the stars that:

"I am in love with the girl whom I know might never love me back because she's in love with someone."

The place that heard all the thing I couln't bring myself to tell Sana...

The place when I cried like a baby in front of Jeongyeon eonnie, Chaeyoung and Mina.

The place that witnessed the million times I've cried for her.

But why did I take her here? Of all places why did I take her to the place that reminds me of my own pain and how I can't be with her?

Because, though this place reminds me of my feelings and brokenness for her. I know that this is also the same place where our friendship grew stronger.

And I know that this is also her favorite spot. This is where she confessed to me that she's gay for Dahyun...

How she would trade anything to be with Dahyun,

How she loves Dahyun's smile,

Dahyun's eyes,

Dahyun's rapping skills,

Dahyun's silly jokes,

Everything about how she's dying to be with Dahyun.

I know that though this place makes me sad. It might make her feel better.

"Why did you brought me her, Tzuyu?"

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to see the stars. Look how they all shine for you Sana eonnie. Isn't this enough to make you feel better?"

"Tzuyu-yah" she said my name with a hint of Sadness.

"I'll just listen, Sana eonnie."

She sighed. 

"Fine, but this is kinda corny." She warned me then gave out a weak smile that didn't quite catch her eyes.

"We had a fight. Me and Dahyun. This is our first fight, maybe it just hurts me so much."

I didn't say anything, I just allow her to let out all her frustrations about 'the fight'

"We went to the mall earlier, and we saw some of her high school buddies. I was excited and giddy because it's just today that I saw some of her friends, besides us. I thought she'll introduce me as her girlfriend but it turns out, she's shy so she only said,"Guys, this is my co member in Twice, Sana eonnie" My dream shattered when she muttered those words, Tzuyu." She said now sobbing.

"Then her friends went dinner with us. She looks really happy talking to them. I was just at the corner of the table watching her and her friends. I feel so left out."

"I just laughed at myself because I look so stupid there. I thought she's going to introduce me as her girlfriend, because the last time she would like to go home with her and meet her family and she'll introduce me."

"Then she told me that I need to understand her, why? Does she understand me?"

She let out a bitter laugh while trying to wipe away her tears.