Electric 8: Shhhh! Stupid Ron...

"Psssttttt." I whispered quietly towards Ron. He, I oh-so know he was ignoring me, continued reading his paper. "PSSSSTTTTTT." I whispered more harshly so he would get the picture. He sighed and folded his paper neatly before placing it on his desk. Placing his elbow to prop himself up, he plainly answered,

"What."

Peeking my head out from behind his desk counter, I looked around making sure no one but me and him were in the shop. Riley had lost once again to rock paper scissors. Seriously, that game is of luck and he completely sucks at it! Who in the world sucks at rock paper scissors? Anyway, since he lost, he had to go get everyone a sandwich from the deli a few doors down. I heard Ron sigh again, only this time it was out of exasperation. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Jinx, what in the hell are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm baking a cake." I say sarcastically, making him squint his eyes at me.

"I think you've been spending too much time with Riley, you're turning into a wise ass like him." Ron snickered as I pursed my lips. "Alright Jinx, what do you have to say?"

"Well, I need to tell you...uh... I need you to help me...um, help a friend?" I stammered, and quite blatantly lied.

"Your friend?"

"Yes my friend...uh... Jane!"

"Your friend Jane?" He asked, keeping a disbelieving eye on me.

"Yes! You see, she is in love with her best friend...Rodney but is too afraid to tell him because he says he only loves her as the best friend in the world. And Jane is only just discovering her feelings but she is going to eventually rip off someones head if he continues to flirt with bimbos and she keeps getting friend-zoned!" I hadn't even realized it but the longer I told the story the louder my voice got. I was even standing on my feet instead of crouching, and breathing in breaths of anger.

Ron gave me a hysterical look.

"You like Riley, don't you." Him saying it out loud was all it took for me to break down.

"Yes! Yes! I like Riley and I like him probably more than I think! What am I going to do?" I cried out, though I didn't actually cry tears. Ron rubbed his chin, which had more stubble's of hair than his head.

"I think you should do what every cliche love story does and try to make him fall in love with you. You ever seen The Little Mermaid?" He asked.

"Yea, the story about the mermaid who became human after falling in love with a human." I recall, wondering why he brought it up.

"Well, be like the little mermaid. She became human and only had three days to get the prince to fall in love with her."

"Wait, so you're saying that I only have three days to make Riley like me?" I scratch my head. He growls.

"No! Think of Riley as the prince and you as the mermaid princess. Make Riley like you by just being you. I'll be here to help, so don't worry about that. Do whatever you can to make him fall for you! Make him jealous using Jessie, dress cute, be yourself! Riley has never been close to anyone his age lately, so you've already got a special bond with him. Oh yes, and don't kill yourself if he falls for another girl."

"Alright then, sounds easy enough...wait, what was that last part?" I ask as he gives a hearty chuckle.

"Oh nothing, it's just a Little Mermaid joke." He continues laughing and I just stare blankly at him. He scoffs and waves me off. "Never mind, Jinx!"

"I'm back!" Riley exclaims as he pushes the door open with one hand and balances a box of sandwiches with the other.

"Took you long enough." Ron clicked his tounge as Riley rolled his eyes and practically threw the box in front of him.