Electric 6: The Parade

Jinx:

I woke up feeling estatic. Today, will be the first day ever that I will get to see a parade! I've always wanted to see one! The view from my window was never good... Speaking of which, I turned and looked out the window. Although not many birds were chirping because it was the city, it was still gorgeous out. I jumped out of bed (which was still Riley's sister's bed) and changed into shorts and a bright yellow T-shirt. A few days after I met Riley the weather changed dramatically!

First it was cold, then it got warm and almost hot! I walked into the kitchen and plopped down in my regular seat. Riley was dressed too. Somehow he always got up earlier than I did. He set down waffles in front of me. My face lit up even more as I chowed down on each delicious fluffy piece of heaven. I heard Riley chuckle.

"Whout?" I said through a stuffed mouth. He laughed. 

"You know, usually girls would be self-conscience about the way they eat around guys." He said. I swallowed my mouthfull of waffles and answered.

"Yea, but i'm not eating in front of a guy, i'm eating in front of you." I smiled triumphantly at him as his smile dropped from his face.

"Too far, Jinx. Too far." Was his only reply. We finished eating our breakfast and headed out into the hallway and into the elevator. Riley pressed the lobby button. "Alright, so there is absolutley no getting lost today." I scoffed.

"What are you going to do? Hand cuff me to you?" I asked sarcastically. Riley shrugged.

"That's an option." I pushed him and he laughed. We walked past Charlotte who said good morning and we replied the same. 

"You two seem in an awfully good mood." Charlotte said. Her eyes suddenly went bright and envious. "Are you two finally... dating?" She asked. Riley and I gave her the same exasperated look.

"Really, Charlotte. Really?" I asked sarcastically. 

"Well?" She still had excitment in her voice. Riley pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"No, Charlotte. We are NOT dating for the umpteenth time." Riley said each word slowly and clearly so she'd get it.

"We're just friends." I told her. She gave us a disappointed look as she said goodbye to us and went back to her work. Riley and I didn't even have to walk to the parade. When we stepped outside, we were at the parade. People were lined up and down the streets waiting for the floats to come in. "Does the parade sell cotton candy?" I asked.

"Of course! But it's a ways away where all the food is..." Riley said looking towards the endless sea of people.

"I don't mind." I added quickly. Riley shrugged.

"Alright then, let's go!" He exclaimed as we began walking down the street. Riley explained that the parade started at around twelve-ish, and right now it was around eleven something. Aren't my time telling skills awesome? As we were nearing a large group of girls, they began giggling and looking our way. I could hear their whispers as we passed.

"EEEE! It's Riley Matthews! I heard his dad produced that hit new movie!"

"OMG he's soo hot! I wonder who that girl is?"

"She must be someone emo! Riley'd never date someone like her!"

"I wonder how Cali feels about that girl..."

"Eww. Who does their hair blue? Gross."

I didn't want to let their words get to me, but believe me, they hurt. I looked in Riley's direction, and he was smiling and giving some girls suggestive looks. I rolled my eyes and wondered how he came to be that way. Then it hit me. Ron had explained this to me the other day.