Chapter 11: Be Honest

If anyone is still reading this, you may or may not already know that after I finish this book I'm leaving my account. I'm not deleting it but just am not going to use it anymore. However this story needs an ending and I will finish it. This is my last project. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jinx:

Oh God, I don't want to get up.

I can smell the chocolaty goodness that is chocolate chip pancakes coming from the kitchen but that means facing Riley. I guess I'm the type that fears rejection. 

"Jinx, breakfast is ready!" I hear him call for me. 

"Just a minute!" I hear my voice falter. I'm so nervous...what do I do? I've never liked a boy before! I don't think girls should feel this strongly about her first crush, either! I might even like him more than I think. Oh God, do I love him? I don't even know! 

All I do know is that I need to get dressed before Riley comes in here. That's the last thing I want, besides rejection. Swinging my feet over the bed I saunter over to the door, placing my hand on the door knob. Breathe in, breathe out. You can do this Jixianna May Mells.

Before I know it, I'm in the kitchen with Riley already indulging himself in pancakes.He says a good morning through his stuffed mouth, muffling his words as he does so. What manners. I take a seat across from him and place two pancakes on the plate in front of me. This wasn't what I was expecting. I thought I'd feared being rejected, but this is a whole new category.

He's acting like nothing even happened.

Maybe it's for the best. Maybe he wants to continue our best friendship and not ruin it with a petty romance. There's so many ways it could go, why take the chance? If it doesn't work out then it'll be super awkward between us. If it does work out but my parents find me then Riley and I won't be able to be together and vice versa with his dad. I'll just play along with him.

***

"You WHAT?!

"I confessed my feelings for him in an angry rant." I say again, drowning in my angry, shamed self. 

"Wow, I didn't expect you to be so blunt." Ron rubs his chin. 

"What do I do? He's acting like nothing ever happened! It's almost worse than him rejecting me! Wait. What if this is his way of rejecting me? Ron! Help!" I whine. Ron calms me down by patting my hand. 

"I think this may have to do with his playboy past." Ron scratches his shiny bald head. I instantly forget about everything and become interested in the new topic. 

"Ron, why did Riley stop being a playboy?" I ask curiously. Riley won't be back for a while. That food line was looooong.

"Ah, I figured lovergirl would ask one day." I make a face at him and he laughs. "Well, you remember Cali, his ex girlfriend, right?" I nod. "Well, after Cali he had another girlfriend that no one is to bring up ever, not even me." 

"What was her name?" I ask, curiosity filling my eyes. 

"Her name was Mirah." 

"Was she pretty?" 

"Oh she was beautiful. Mirah was the most beautiful girl Riley had ever dated compared to. Well, when you become his girlfriend she'll be overshadowed." I shoot him a look, but can't help the smile that overcomes my features. "She was the first girl Riley was ever serious about. In short, he was basically in love with her. She didn't feel the same way, though."