Electric 3: Ice Cream!

This time when I woke up in Riley's home, he didn't forget I was there. That made me smile and feel warm inside, like I really mattered to someone.

"What's for breakfast this time?" I asked. I was wide awake, while Riley looked like he was half asleep. I remembered the talk I had with Ron.

A well known director.... huh?

I suddenly felt anger bubbling inside me. Was Riley really lying to me? How dare he!

"Uhh, I'm gonna be lazy so just cer-"

"How could you lie to me!" I blurted out. Riley looked at me in confusion.

"Lie about what?"

"About your dad's job. You told me he was in the army, but he's really a director." I said. Riley slammed his fist on the wall. The sound made me jump.

"Who told you?" He asked, his face serious.

"Ron." I said. "He said your dad is one of the most famous directors in the world." I said, slightly backing up from Riley's atittude. It was begining to scare me.

"Damn Ron..." Riley muttered under his breath. Riley calmed down a bit. "Alright, what Ron said is true, what I said, is not true."

"Why would you lie to me?"  I asked hurt.

"I thought you were just another girl trying to get near me for a chance for a role in a movie or something." Riley admitted. I crossed my arms.

"I'm not hungry anymore." I pouted. I didn't want to eat.

"Come on Jinx, your going to lose all your energy," Riley insisted.

"How do I know that's just another lie?" I glared at him. He sighed in frustration.

"Fine! Don't eat!" He yelled. Riley sat down and poured himself a bowl of cereal. While I, felt awkward standing there so I went back to where I slept. The wind was gently blowing through the windows, and the sounds of the cars honking actually brought comfort.

"Jinx," I turned around.

"Oh, it's just you." I said with disgust and turned back to the outside world.

"Who else would it be? This is my house." Riley said.

"Whatever." I sneered. If only this window led to a rooftop and maybe I could escape again...

"What's your favorite movie?" Riley's question caught me off guard. "Well?"

"Finding Nemo." I replied. I heard Riley laughing. I turned around. "What?" I asked.

"What are you? Four?" Riley laughed. I squinted my eyes at him, then turned back around.

"Escape..." I mouthed. "Es-copa...." I started laughing when I remembered my favorite part of Finding Nemo. When Marlin and Dorey are trying to escape, and with Dorey's poor reading skills reads 'escopa' instead of 'escape.'

"See now you're laughing." Riley said. He hugged me from behind. I freaked and fell backwards, onto the floor. I held my head in pain. "Are you okay?" Riley asked with complete concern. I began to laugh again.

"You...look funny.... upside down." I laughed between breaths. Riley smiled and helped me up. "So where are we going today?" I said. ""Finding" my parents?" I used bunny ears on the word "find." Riley is probably terrible at Where's Waldo? I silently laughed to myself.

"Where do you want to go?" Riley asked. I thought for a moment.

"Ice cream!" I shouted. Riley laughed.