Electric: Escaping

.......Enjoy :)

___________________________________________________________________________________

I stared out the window in my sadenning depression yet again. I was sick of being stuck in this stupid apartment, while my parents were allowed to come and leave as they pleased.

The window was open, which might get you asking 'why don't you just jump out?' Well I could if my parent's didn't put locks on 'em...

I'm not emo, and don't think i'm emo because I have blue hair. I was born with it. When I was seven, I heard my parents arguing one day:

"How did our daughter get blue hair? BLUE!?" My dad yelled.

"How the should I know?! You're the one who wanted a daughter! Now you have one and all you want to do is hide her!" My mom screamed.

"You wanted to hide her too! I don't want people judging me for our daughter's hair color! I don't want anyone in this family to get bullied!" My dad yelled.

After that whole arguement, I stopped listening. My blue hair, will not dye any other color. My parents have tried it with every brand imaginable, but always the next day I wake up it's blue again.

Really strange, isn't it?

I figured my parents kept me locked up here because of my hair, nd possibly my atittude too. I can't help it, but sometimes I act a little too much like a four year old.

It only really happens when i'm overwhelmed.

Well today I'm getting out of here. I can't take living here anymore. My parents are both at work and the whole time i've been searching for the 'key'. Remeber how I said that the windows were locked? Well with this 'key' I can jump out the window, cross the roof building, get down the ladder, and be home free.

I searched all around. In drawers, in sofa cushions, in cabinets.... Then I remembered my mom's jewlery box.

I ran to my parents' room and to their dresser. My mom's jewlery box was a nice oak, stained box. A mirror with an iced glass design of roses resided on the top. I opened it up and fund nothing. I was so mad I accidentally dropped it on the ground.

I freaked and started picking up my mom's two necklaces she had in there when I came across 'the key'. I looked back in the box and noticed a secret compartment where the key was hidden.

I meantly cursed my mom as I picked up the key, set my mom's jewlery box back on her dresser, and I ran back over to the screened windows. I unlocked one screen so I would be able to get out onto the roof.

I closed the screen behind me and kept the key with me. I ran over to the stair case that led down to the bottom. The bottom where the city resided and the people walked. I climbed down as fast as I could into an alley. The alley stunk. It smelled like urine and beer. I held my nose as I walked through, into the bright lights off the night.

I walked around, admireing everything as I went, making sure not to bump into anybody. That's when it hit me. I had no money, and I had no palce to go. I also hadn't eaten since breakfast, and my stomache was grumbling. I remebered the key.

I looked at it. With the help of a flashing light sign, I read a small inscription on the side. fourteen karrot gold. I looked at the flashing sign. It read 'Pawn Shop'. Just my luck. I ran in as the door dinged from a bell alerting I was there. There was a old bald guy, with a mustache behind the counter. He was talking to a young kid, around my age with short brown hair. The type of hair you'd expect a guy to have.

They both looked at me strangely, probably because of my hair, as I walked up to the counter.

"Excuse me," I said politely, "But how much money can I get with this gold key?"