Leaps

[Y/N]'s POV

Shit.

As I made my way up to Mori's office, Chuuya's information about him yesterday made me feel uncomfortable. I wasn't going to lie though. I was sort of... intrigued.

Why me out of all people?

I sighed as I prepared myself to open the doors to his office.

Just act normal, Chuuya was probably over reacting.

"[Y/N]?"

I felt my stomach drop at the call of my name. Mori wasn't even facing me. He was looking out the window as he sat down. Then again, that was pretty normal.

"Hello." I responded quietly.

"I was very glad to hear you weren't doing anything scandalous. I understand your reasons for hiding such a thing. But you could have done it a completely different way instead of giving me such a heartache." Mori joked.

At least, I think he's joking?

Chuuya told me to be more aware of the way Morí spoke. To look at his words in a different way. A lot of things always flew by my head. It had only been a few minutes and I was already beginning to feel a gut wrenching pain in my stomach.

"I'm so sorry. I've realized what a mistake Dazai and I had made. Something as reckless as this will not happen again sir." I apologized.

Morí finally looked at me. He gazed into my eyes deeply. It felt different. I felt stupid for feeling his gaze was different, but it really was. Although I knew it could possibly be that I was thinking too deep into it; I knew it was partially because I was being more aware.

Morí gave me a kind smile. A tenderness in his eyes that made my heart race in fear. It was the same look he gave to those he disliked, but with a different vibe. The fact that I couldn't tell what it was, was the reason I was scared.

"It's alright [Y/N].."

I let my head drop and sighed. I didn't really wanna sit here and try to observe Morí's behavior or tone of voice. I felt slightly awkward.

"Is everything okay?"

I rose my head and looked back up at him with a smile.

"Yes. Just a bit tired is all."

Morí stayed quiet as his gaze continued to linger on my face. I realized how I was always drowning in my thoughts most of the time. I never really paid attention to other people unless it was my brother or Chuuya.

I wasn't really nervous or scared anymore. Maybe a little awkward, yes. But it was tolerable for the most part. I stared back at him too. I began, for once, to intake the details of his face. Although he was pretty old, his face said other wise. He was pretty good looking for his age. His eyes were beautiful. Obviously not as beautiful as Chuuya's, but they were around there.

The awkwardness began to rise in me once I realized how long I had been staring at him, and how long he was staring at me.

"Well Sir, I think I should go. I'm sorry for the silence. I'll see you around." I said as I got up.

This is so weird.

"[Y/N]."

Just say bye just say bye just say bye just say bye just say-

"Would you like to eat dinner with me?"

How do I get out of this?

"Dinner with the boss? Wow I-"

"Oh please, just call me Morí. No need to be so formal."

That's when I knew I was fucked. I wanted to tell him I was dating Chuuya and that I didn't want to have dinner with him. But of course telling him I wasn't single was irrelevant here and just plain cocky. Not to mention it'd be rude to say no to dinner with him unless I had a valid excuse. I didn't want to lie to him and I was also sort of hungry.

"Right. So, when would you... er.. like to go to dinner?"

Mori got up from his seat and stood in front of the huge glass panes in front of him.

"There's a wonderful restaurant in Tokyo-"

TOKYO? NANI?????

"-And I feel like it'd be a restaurant you would love. What do you say?"

"Morí, that's a little far from here. Maybe we should go somewhere closer and not so far away. Going all the way to Tokyo for dinner should only be for special occasions."

Morí turned his whole body in my direction and walked up to me.

"Nonsense [Y/N]. It's a Friday evening and it would be nice to visit another city for just a few hours."

I looked up at him and back down to the floor. He was pretty intimidating up close.

"Alright then.. what time would be best to leave?" I asked, looking up at him once more.

"Meet me right here at 6." He smiled.

I gave him a quick smile and walked away.

"See you then."

Oh lord please help me.

-

Huhuuhhuuuu