Dinner

[Y/N]
-

"Moriiiiiiiii."

"Yes, [Y/N]?"

Morí kept his eyes on the newspaper he was reading as I rolled my head back.

"Do we have to go to the dinner tonight?" I asked.

"No. But I'll fire you if you don't." Mori responded.

"Ok so you said it's at 7, right?" I asked, immediately raising my head and looking at him.

Morí looked at me and chuckled.

"Yes. Do dress nicely. Anyways, stop slacking off and get to work. Those reports aren't going to file themselves." He waved.

I sighed and continued to put reports away in different cabinets. I had missed a few days and Morí wasn't too happy about it. So he decided to make me do some of his work.

It had been 3 weeks now. I was still with Chuuya. Dazai was pretty butt-hurt that I hadn't gone back after two days. He was still pretty sad and upset with me. Of course him being my brother, he would attempt to guilt trip me a lot to try to get me to hang out with him- mostly only to get me to go back and live with him.

It worked one time, but only because his guilt tripping involved him physically carrying me and driving me back to his house right after work to spend "quality sibling time." This consisted of us doing literally everything together. It was fine with me, but I preferred to not be with him. I didn't want to admit it, but

I was sort of getting tired of Dazai.

Don't get me wrong- I love him to death. Spending time with him every now and then is amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But the idea of moving back with him is something I'm not fond of. I'd prefer to hang out with him at maximum, once a week. I don't know why and it bothers me.

Why have I suddenly lost interest in hanging out with my only family?

I want to, but I don't.

Was it because I was possibly bored with the activities we did when we hung out? I didn't understand why. I only saw him at work. The last time I hung out with him was 2 weeks ago. The longest we've ever gone without spending so much time with each other.

I knew he was slowly loosing hope in our bond.

-

Getting to dinner was fine. Everyone was dressed fancy like expected. Chuuya was looking sharp as ever and I was secretly gushing so hard.

You ever just look at a man and cry because of how beautiful he is?

Yeah, me too.

"[Y/N]? Hey, what's wrong?" Chuuya looked at me as we sat down at the table.

I sniffled quietly and looked up at the ceiling to prevent any tears from falling out. I stayed quiet for a few moments before looking back down and grabbing a napkin and softly pressing it at the bottom of my eyes.

"You're just.. so.."

I stopped and made my hand into a fist, pressing it against my mouth and closing my eyes. I was trying to hard not to cry again. My heart was overwhelmed with happiness and bliss it was amazing.

"I can't take this.." I whispered, pressing my other other hand to my chest and looking away.

"[Y/N], what's wrong? Tell me."

Chuuya said quietly as the others talked. As he leaned in, his cologne hit me and I was dying.

Tell me God, what did I do to deserve this man?