Bloody Nose

[Y/N]
-------

After yesterday's mission, Hirotsu got me straight to training. He explained that not much was happening in the Mafia, so training would be a good use of the extra time I had.

I was on my way to the rooftop of the Port Mafia, where Chuuya had wanted to train me. It was a little weird but I decided to go with it since everything was usually, 'a little weird.'

Once the elevator doors opened, I got out and spotted Chuuya, standing on the ledge. His head turned my way and he slowly got off. I walked over to him, realizing that this 'great' executive wasn't as intimidating as I thought he'd be. We were about the same height, but I was pretty sure I was taller. By an inch, if he didn't have a hat on.

"So you're [Y/N]? Alright. Well before we do anything, have you had any experience in hand to hand combat?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

"Yes. 8 years of experience." I replied, my eyes never leaving his.

"You were previously working with the Guild, right? Who were the ones to teach you?" He asked.

"Margaret and Fitzgerald." I said looking away, memories of myself being thrown into walls and floors came back to me.

"The leader? Why would he teach you?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"He didn't really teach me anything. Margaret would train me everyday for 6 hours. Once a week I'd have to go against Fitzgerald to prove my strength. He'd use his ability and I couldn't. We'd fight until I was close to dying or until I'd beaten him. I've never been able to win. It's.. impossible." I sighed as I lowered my head in embarrassment.

"That old bastard had to use his ability to fight you? That says a lot." He sneered.

"No, he used his ability so that they could measure my strength. The more he spends, the stronger he gets. The most he's ever spent fighting me was about 150 thousand dollars." I said quietly.

"In hand to hand? Let's see what you can do then." He grinned.

I let out a small sigh. I personally hated training. Even though I was used to it, the soreness was awful.  It was almost impossible to move. I never understood how I was still alive.

Chuuya put his fists up close to his face, getting into a fighting stance. I took a step back, getting into a similar position.

Chuuya didn't hesitate to get straight into it. He threw a punch at me, but I quickly dodged it, punching him in the abdomen. It made him take a few steps back, but he composed himself quickly and took another swing to my face, missing again. Right after that, he kicked me in the leg, causing me to loose my balance and fall to the ground.

I immediately got up and threw a fake punch at him, following up with a real punch from my other hand across the face. As soon as my hand collided with his cheek, I went in with a hard kick on his side. Before I could strike him again with another punch, he stopped my fist with his hand. He grasped my fist and quickly punched me in the face. As a wave of pain struck my nose, I felt light headed, almost wanting to pass out. I lost my balance for a second before composing myself again.

I went in with a punch to his face, knowing well where his head was going to move to dodge it. I went in with another punch as he moved his head, hitting him square in the jaw. I heard the harsh sound of our bones colliding together. I felt my knuckles sting with immense pain as I pulled away. As Chuuya lost his balance. I took the chance to throw another punch right in the cheek, causing him to fall back.

I stopped as I saw him fall onto the ground. Chuuya wasn't knocked out, but rather a little dazed. I felt warm liquid across my lips. I raised my hand and pressed it lightly against my lips to reveal blood. I pulled out a small cloth I kept in my pocket and held it to my nose.

"You got one hell of a punch, I'll admit that." Chuuya groaned as he got up. "I suggest you tilt your head back." He added as he saw the blood on my hand.

"I'll choke on my own blood if I tilt my head back." I sighed, as I felt most of my face and knuckles throb in pain.

"Everyday you say?" Chuuya asked.

I nodded as I walked over to the ledge he was previously at and sat there. He followed after me and sat in front of me.

"What's it like working in the Guild?" Chuuya asked, his eyes fixated on mine.

"It's hell and awful- Unless you enjoy being in the presence of pure arrogance all day." I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

"I see. What is your ability?" He asked.

"The Devils Reaper." I answered, looking away. "I.. can turn invisible."

"That's it? You have a cool name like that and you can turn invisible?" He asked, letting out a small laugh. It slowly faded as he saw the serious look on my face, knowing very well that wasn't all I could do.

"What's your ability?" I asked quietly, looking back at him.

"For The Tainted Sorrow. I manipulate gravity." He answered.

I glared at him, rolling my eyes in the process then looking away. Was he serious right now?

"'You have a cool name like that and you can manipulate gravity?'" I mocked. "Yeah. Okay." I muttered.

"Yeah. Okay." He repeated, "But the core to my ability is Corruption. The thing is, once I activate it, I can't deactivate it. It's pretty, gruesome." He sighed.

I nodded, pulling the piece of cloth I'd been holding to my nose away. I wiped off my nose before putting the cloth away. I looked up at Chuuya. Not once did his eyes ever look away from me. I blushed a little bit and got up.

"I'm gonna go eat some lunch. Thanks for today- I guess? See ya around, Chuuya." I said, waving at him.

"Wait- are you just not gonna invite me?" He asked.

I turned around and raised my eyebrows in confusion before a small smile appeared on my lips. I walked back towards him and extend my hand.

"Chuuya, would you like to join me for lunch?" I asked.

"Nope." He said, getting up.

My smile fell and I felt a small wave of disappointment and embarrassment wash over me. Before I could retract my hand, he grabbed it and squeezed it.

"I'm only messing with ya. Don't get so down." He laughed, pulling me towards the elevator.

I felt my cheeks heat up as embarrassment rose and pulled my hand away from his.

I'm such an idiot.

--
so tired ahhh
pls request on bsd one shots book
you already know the deal
yada yada yada have a good day