Flicker: Vingt - Huit

Disclaimer: This chapter will contain scenes of sexual nature meant for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised.  An explicit version is also up for those so inclined.

Quinton held onto Nora's body as Cora stuck her, taking a couple of vials of blood, the syringe disappearing beneath the white fur of her body. 

"There. That should do it." She said while putting the blood in a cooler. Harold went over some paperwork, observing as Nora plodded around, sniffing and observing ants that scurried along cracks in the crevices. She probably had never seen them that detailed before.

"So, what's the diagnosis?" Quinton asked.

"There is none,"  Cora replied. "Nora's transformation went better than could've been expected. She is a healthy she-wolf and there's nothing to indicate that something has gone wrong. However, Nora is a late bloomer so it doesn't surprise me that it would take her some time getting accustomed to the morphing."

"What do you expect me to do...just wait here with her like this?"

"I expect you to be more grateful Quinton that your mate here managed to survive a difficult transformation unharmed."

Quinton sighed in frustration.

"I am thankful, but now I want her back on two feet and not four."

Nora whined, flattening her ears, sensing the shifts in moods.

"Sorry love. You're beautiful as you are but I miss you," he said. She came to rest by his feet. Ever the loyal one, Nora hadn't left his side since her transformation. 

"It's within her powers to transform, she just has to be ready to do that," Harold said. "None of our research has ever recorded your species being unable to transform back into human form."

"And none of your research had ever recorded someone like the likes of Nora before so that is not very comforting."

"We just have to give you the facts as we understand them. You're asking the wrong people for help, Mr. Reeves. The only person with the ability to help Nora is in fact, Nora. We will continue to stay in touch and run an analysis on the sample we just took but this is all cause for celebration." 

They commiserated for a couple of moments longer but eventually, they packed up. Quinton watched them walk out, taking all their science with them. He felt helpless. It had already been two days since Nora had transformed and she was still eating out of bowls. Quinton had taken her outside a couple of times, supervising her closely so that she wouldn't be inspired to run away again. Tifa had tested out her abilities, making a makeshift obstacle course and Nora was pretty agile and nubile in her form. However, Quinton longed to hold her close to him, stroke her lithe body - inspecting her from head to toe. He wanted to apologize to her in person. He liked her beastly form but how long was this expected to continue? 

He went to his knees and stroked her playfully, causing her to turn over on her back, exposing her belly, her tongue lolling out.  Even though she was a fearsome beast, mythical to the humans they roamed the planet with, she was just Nora here with him. He smiled, pleased to give her whatever pleasures he could. He loved her, even as she was now. He had taken a few days off and separated himself from work at Sheridan, enjoying one on one time and marveling at her. When he first met Nora, just a year ago, he had thought her to be defective - a burden that he was cursed with. How wrong he had been. He thought that getting doctors to poke and prod her would be the answer but it was Nora who had the power this entire time. 

"Nora you must change now," he begged. "It is okay. I will be here to cope with the pain...I'm here for you."

He looked at her with hope but she just peered at him in return, panting. He sighed and rose to stand, and began walking towards the door. He turned however suddenly upon hearing a noise but it was just Nora digging at something imaginary on the ground.