Flicker: Dix-Huit

A week later...

Bundled up in sweaters and jackets, Tifa and Nora trekked through the forest that extended beyond the lawn of Gillans. They could see their breath in the air as they walked among the tree trunks, dead leaves, and broken branches. They were hunting. As Nora's introduction into archery, Tifa decided to show her a demonstration and have Nora see first hand what she could be capable of.

"This days people use fancy hunting bows. However, there's nothing wrong with old-fashioned. I know there should be some animals around here. If we're lucky we could -"

Tifa fell silent and motioned for Nora to stay silent.

Tifa listened intently and Nora decided to focus- blocking out the usual sounds of the world - wind, rustling leaves, pr creaking branches. She took a whiff and caught the faint scent of an animal.

"Come," Tifa commanded and she was walked slowly in the direction of the smell. It grew stronger and Tifa brought up her finger to her lips in order to have Nora stay quiet. They stopped behind trees and Nora looked and saw a deer was feeding on some grass. The animal was unaware of their presence. Tifa pulled an arrow out from behind her and positioned herself in sight of the dee. Pulling her arm back, the string went taut.

During those few moments, before she released the arrow, Nora felt her blood rushing. She could only focus on the cream-colored animal that was clueless to what would come. When Tifa let her arm go the arrow whizzed past them and landed in the ground right next to its hoof. In seconds the deer darted off - startled - and Nora took off right after it. She heard Tifa's shout but ignored her and continued running after the animal. She leaped over fallen trunks and chased the deer which tried to escape her pursuit. Her breathing sounded harsh to her, but it was the only thing she could hear for every other sound meant nothing. She concentrated on the little tail that she was gaining on and right when she was about to pounce on her prey, a flash of yellow-orange streaked in front of her catching her off guard. She tripped over something in her way and fell to the ground with quite a force. Nora rolled onto her back and held her head which she had bumped against the ground. She did not move for a while, keeping her eyes closed and hoping that it would cause her dizziness to quit. 

Nora smelled Tifa above her and opened one eye. Tifa indeed stood at her feet, slipping her jacket on.

"Nora what the hell!" She cried out. "What did you think you were doing?"

"I don't know. I wanted to get the deer." 

Tifa offered her a hand and helped lift Nora to her feet. Nora rubbed at noggin and winced in pain.

"Are you hurt?"

"Just a little scraped is all." Nora said, raising her arms to assess the damage. Her eyes nearly fell out of her sockets when she saw the silvery gray hair that sprouted from the backs of her hands. She grabbed it with her fingers and managed to grasp a tuft of hair and she inspected it. 

"What in the world is going on?" Tifa said, in awe. 

Nora said nothing, simply stripping off her jacket and her long-sleeved sweater without hesitation, despite the winter chill. She threw the sweater to the ground and watched as hair floated around her and landed to the ground. From her hand to her shoulder the wisps of hair grew. Nora was shocked from head to toe and she looked at Tifa gravely.

O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O

Quinton came home to an eerily quiet home. Usually, Mary was quick to greet him and fuss about. If he was lucky, Nora would be waiting to greet him with a smile. He walked into his house,  hanging his overcoat in the coat closet and walked steadily down the hallway. He was nearing his study when he heard chatter and he turned on his heel, going another way to find the source of the sounds he was hearing. He stopped at a door ad opened it to find Nora sitting on the examination table. Mary, Tifa, and the physicians - Harold Geron and Cora Kanover - were also present. Quinton furrowed his brow.