PRELUDE

What happened?

What happened?

What happened to us?

Night had fallen over the city of Seoul, its darkness all-consuming. Although it was summer, the temperatures were unusually low; a cold spell seemed to cover the town like a blanket. The sky was completely black, with no signs of bright stars or a full moon. Clouds had seemingly gathered, the same clouds that promised rain.

The house was dark and silent. There was nothing about it that resembled what it once used to be. No laughter could be heard ringing across its hallways, and the peaceful atmosphere was gone – had been gone for a long time, most would agree.

There was only one room that was lit faintly.

Two figures sat facing each other across the center coffee table.

One, a woman, was sitting on the couch; legs crossed elegantly, and one elbow on the armrest. Her gaze was turned downwards, with a quiet sense of defeat looming over her lying in a black, ominous cloud.

The other person? Another woman, who was standing before her, hands that were buried in her thick coat side pockets clenched into fists. Her posture was far from who she always known as being playful and relaxed, and her eyes bore none of the calmness that the catlike eye beauty did – there was fire burning in them, emotion raging beneath the surface.

"I don't think..." Jennie started, her voice soft, breaking the tense silence that had fallen over them. "...this is going to work anymore. I'm not sure it ever did."

"You want it then?" Lisa asked, almost instantly, in response, hands shaking from the effort it took to keep her anger in check.

Jennie shook her head sadly. "We both do."

"Fine." Lisa spat, and with that last word, stormed out of the room.

The sound of the front door slamming behind Lisa echoed in the empty house.

It was only then that Jennie allowed herself to let her guard down, khaki hair falling over her shoulders, obscuring her face as tears spilled over her puffy cheeks.

The Beginning of the End - Pseudo-Trailer Video