Chapter 13

**** Nikki’s P.O.V ****

** Ring** Ring** Ring **

“Hello,” I groaned getting out of bed and grabbing my phone.

“Is this Nikki,” A chick who sounded snotty said.

“Uhh yeah, why,” I asked.

“Lay off of my boyfriend,” She practically yelled.

 “Riley and I-I are just friends,” I replied.

“Uhhh You’re with another man now!!!! I’m talking about my MICHAEL,” She replied he snootiness soaking in and making me upset and sad. Why would he lead me on?? WHY WOULD HE ASK ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!!??!??

“ONE. I am his girlfriend… he asked me. TWO. I wasn’t cheating. And Three. WHO the hell are you,” I said getting heated up now. 

“He is my boyfriend! We’ve been together for about 3 months! He’s mine not yous so lay the heck off! And I’m kallie…. His girlfriend,” She replied. 

“Well fuck you Kallie,” I yelled and hung up. Then I threw my phone across the room. I don’t know what happened to it because I slid down the wall and started crying. Once My butt made it to the ground I brought my knees to my chest and cried my eyes. Why would Michael do this to me… Why? Unfucking believable!  I know we moved too fast like first kiss on first date but seriously!?!! I don’t deserve to be screwed over like this. Not again. Riley, was the only one who didn’t cheat on me. When would I think Michael would be different than all the others? I was so caught up in everything to even think of that scenario!

I’m so dumb! I was blind! Why was I so stupid!?!?! I should have known! I am so so so so so  so so  so so  so so so so  stu- “should I stay of should I go,” My phone rang. I slowly stood up and stumbled to where it was ringing. When I found my phone it was done ringing so the person left a message. I slowly picked it up and typed in my pass code listening to the message.

“Hey, Nikki, it’s uhh Riley. I was uhh wondering if you wanted to hang out today. Maybe go for lunch and then hang at me place,” He said. Nervously? “So uhh you can just call me back at 410-555-3243. I guess I’ll see you whenever. Bye Sky,” He said using my nickname.

I took a deep breath. Thanks god it wasn’t that chick again. I don’t even want to think about Michael anymore… well at least not right now.  I then pressed called back and it started ringing. On about the 3ed ring someone picked up.

“Hello,” They asked.

“Hey, Riley It’s Nikki,” I told him.

“Hey Sky,” He cheerfully replied.

“Ok, so I got your message.. Obviously,” I informed with a chuckle.

“Haha Yeah, I can tell. We’ll you wanna meet at on the bus and go to lunch wherever we end up,” He asked.

“Yeah, that sounds good. I’ll leave in about 10 minutes. Is your stop the one after mine,” I asked.

“Yep, So You get picked up then I get picked up and then we go to wherever. Sound good?”

“Ok, so yeah, I’ll see you in a little bit,” I replied and smiled to myself.

“OK, bye sky,” he told me.

“OK, bye Rye-bear,” I replied. Then we both hung up. I put my phone on my coffee table and walked into the Bathroom getting ready for my day with Rye- bear. Oh and our nicknames! You’re probably wondering about those! Well when we were dating he said I made him feel sky high! Therefore I’m sky. His name is Riley and he used to be my cuddling person, my teddy bear… So Rye- bear came out of that! We’ve called each other that ever since!

***What do you think of Riley? Comment *****