Chapter 9

**** Michael’s P.O.V. ****

Crap! Were stuck in an elevator in a thunderstorm! I looked at Nikki, she was looking at me.  Nikki had a scared look on her face. Why is it light in here? We can see each other yet the lights are out. IT’S A PHONE! DUH! I can call for help! I took my phone out of my pocket……. NO BARS! Damn it! I went closer to Nikki. Once I felt her I hugged her. She stuffed her head into my shoulder. She started crying?

“What’s wrong? Well other than being stuck in an elevator,” I asked and chuckled at the last part.

“My cousin died in an elevator,” She told me and dug her face even more into my shoulder.

“Oh Nikki, I’m so sorry,” I replied and hugged her tighter.      

After 10 or so minutes of us hugging and her crying we pulled apart. I could feel her sit down so I sat down next to her and leaned my back up against the wall. Before I knew it she was on my lap with her head against my chest, asleep. I kept running my fingers through her hair and before I knew it I was also asleep. 

******

I woke up to a flash. I opened my eyes and saw Nikki in front of me with her phone.

“Hey! What was that for,” I asked with a chuckle.

“You just looked so adorable!”

“Thank you babe,” I told her reaching to find her since I still couldn’t see because of the blackness.

When I finally got to her I hugged her to me and whispered, “I really need to find a nickname for you.”

“That’s most likely going to be impossible Mikey,” Nikki replied.

“Hmm, let’s see. Uhh we have Nik or uhh I got it Light Ryder,” I exclaimed.  

“Why Light Ryder,” Nikki asked me pulling half way out of the hug with what I assume was a questionable look on her face.

“Well Ryder because it is your last name and Light because you always bring light into my world,” I reasoned with a cheesy smile even though she couldn’t see it.  

“Awe, Mikey, I love it,” She said and hugged me tightly.

“I’m glad you like it,” I whispered. We both stood there in our hug. Not a sound. The storm must have passed! “Nikki, What time is it,” I asked.

She looked down at her phone. “7:30 Pm,” She replied.

“It’s that late already,” I asked surprised.

“Yeah, I think the storm passed an-,” She was interrupted but a HUGE crash of lightning or thunder. I don’t know which since we still couldn’t see.

“Nikki, we should call for help,” I told her.

“I can’t! But you can,” She told me.

“Ok,” I replied and took out my phone. I’ll call The engineer here at the complex.

“Engineering, Jim speaking,” He spoke.

“Hey Jim, its Michael in 401… I’m stuck in the elevator with my girl,” I told him.

“Haha, Alright I’ll come and do my best.”

Before we knew it the elevator was moving and we were at the fourth floor. As soon as we got out into the lit hall I grabbed Nikki and kissed her.

“Light Ryder we’re alive! Can you believe it,” I asked.

“Yes, yes I can,” She told me and giggled.

“Ok, now we can go to my apartment,” I informed her.  

“Alright, let’s go,” I added.

I lead the way to my apartment and unlocked the door when we got there. Herman came running up to me and put his two front paws on my thighs.

“Hey buddy,” I said to him. He only barked in response. Then he noticed Nikki and ran over to her and jumped up on her. All she did was giggle and play around with him. It was so adorable.