Chapter 2

*********** Michael’s P.O.V. ************* 

When Nikki said she had to go I was sad. I let her go anyways because I have her number. She’s a beautiful woman… And it’s even better that she didn’t know who I am. She doesn’t want me for my medals or athletic ability. Yes, I Michael Fred Phelps, have been in the Olympics and I have broken many world records. I am also training for the 2008 Olympics… Only two more years… Maybe I could take Nikki on a date…. No Michael she might get in the way of training…. What am I saying…. No she wouldn’t… I would still concentrate… right???

I picked up my phone before taking a sip of coffee and texted Nikki, “Do you want to hang out some time.”

About two minutes later she texted back, “Sure I don’t see why not.”  

“Meet me at Starbucks around 2:00 pm,” I asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be there… see ya Michael,” She replied.

“See you then Ryder,” I replied now using her last name.

“See ya Phelps,” She told me.   

 “Ahh, I can’t wait for tomorrow,” I whispered to myself and smiled to myself.

I stood up and walked out of Starbucks with my coffee… heading to training.

********** Nikki’s P.O.V. ***********

“Ahhhhh,” I squealed of happiness.

“What is it Nikki,” My sister asked sitting in the driver’s seat. She’s carpooling to my parents’ house for me.

“I have a ‘date’ tomorrow at 2:00,” I replied happy/excited.

“Really, Sis that’s awesome! You’ve never had a boyfriend that actually takes you on dates,” she over exaggerated.

“Actually, I’ve had about 5 but we have broken up too fast because we haven’t had any chemistry,” I informed seriously.

“If you say so,” She replied pulling out of my drive way.

“It’s 100% true,” I replied with a straight face.

“Sure,” She replied. Now she was getting on my nerves.

“You really grind my gears Bridget,” I told her.

“Yeah, Whatever,” She said as she pulled into Mom and Dads’ driveway.

Once the car came to a stop I got out without a word. I looked to the street to see my brother’s car was there! I ran as fast as I could to the front door opening it and tackling Ashley into a hug! I love Ashley he is so awesome!

“Hey, Nikki… I haven’t see you in so long,” He told me swinging me around in a hug.

“Oh, Ash I missed your hugs most,” I mumbled into his chest.

“I missed your hugs a lot too,” He told me.

“Ahem,” I heard my mom.

“Oh, Hey mom, Hey dad,” I awkwardly said.

“Hey Nikki,” My dad replied waving fast with a smile.  

My mom had a look on her face that I can’t really explain. I can’t believe her she can be so weird sometimes. I’ve always been a daddy’s girl….. To be honest I never really like my mom. She’s usually really judgmental. It really gets on my nerves! One time in 7th grade I got an A- and she was like “you can do better than that!” I hate that!

“Nikki, why did you die your hair a darker brown,” She asked calmly.

I felt like saying ‘because I’m a free person’ but instead I said, “Because my friend Jessie offered.”

She gave me a disapproving look. We all sat around for about ten more minutes until my brother Zak showed up. Ashley Is way better than him for a reason….. Zak is all ghost crazy…. We’ll he’s my cousin but my parents adopted him because his parents died 10 years ago. We still treated him as a brother though. Once he got cleaned up from his ‘ghost hunting’ we all sat down at the table for what I hoped was a relaxing meal….. I guess I was wrong!  

***** WHAT HAPPENED THAT IT WASNT SO PLEASENTTT???? OMG********