Chapter 11

MITCH

Thursday.

Friday.

Saturday.

Sunday.

Then it all starts over.

The week went by in a blur of fists, blood, bruises, and name calling. I'm always that faggot Mitch Grassi. Somehow a rumor spread around that I get older men to sleep with me, even though I'm four years under age.

These people are ruining my life.

Every single day, I get worse and worse. I cut more, I break down at the most random times. It's come to a point where Scott and Kirstie can't get through to me.

I start eating less and less, skipping meals and only drinking water, no other drinks.

I don't even look in mirrors anymore. I'm too scared of what I'll see.

Each day I get more and more terrified that Kirstie and Scott are going to leave me. My thoughts usually end in me sobbing to myself in my room, rocking back and forth, because I know the truth.

I know it's not going to be okay. I gave that hope up a while ago. Each day I'm slipping deeper and deeper into the depths of depression. One day, I know, I'm not going to be able to claw myself back out. My thoughts, my demons, they'll consume me.

Like anyone would care if I died. They'd all move on eventually, remembering me only because of Scott's presence. They wouldn't remember my name though. I would just be "Scott Hoying's old boyfriend who killed himself".

My parents have figured out that something's wrong with me, because I won't talk to them. I won't talk to anyone, actually.

It's either a Saturday or a Sunday when I decide to take a walk. I head down to the park and sit on the bench where Scott and I sat. That seems like forever ago.

I watch little kids run around. Happiness is everywhere in the air. It makes me feel sad. These kids, they don't know what's coming in high school. Hopefully they choose the right path.

I stand up and walk to Starbucks, my head down. But I look up just in time to see Scott Hoying, my boyfriend, walking out of Starbucks with another guy. It irritates me, all right. I suppose it's partially my fault, because I'm too damned depressed to talk to anyone. But really, he has to hang out with another guy? Who he looks very comfortable with, I must add.

I lose it when the guy kisses Scott's cheek and Scott smiles. I put my head down and walk swiftly pass them, making sure to bump into Scott.

"Mitch?" I hear his voice as I'm on the verge of tears, walking through the doors of the coffee shop. I hear his footsteps behind me, but I don't stop, and go to the bathroom. I go into the biggest stall and lock the door, sinking down the wall and onto the floor.

Tears run down my cheeks. I'm overreacting. I'm assuming the worst. But I know that I'm a shit boyfriend. So maybe I deserve it.

The bathroom door opens and I hear Scott's voice.

"Mitch? Dammit, Mitch." He quickly figures out what stall I'm in and bangs on the door. "Let me in, Mitch."

"Wouldn't you rather go and be with him than comfort me?" My voice comes out as horribly scratchy.

Scott sighs. "Mitch."

I wish he would stop just saying my fucking name and explain who the hell that guy was. So I ask him.

"Who was that?" I demand, getting up and unlocking the stall door so he can come in.

"My friend. Todrick," he explains wearily.