Chapter 23: Into The Light

I envisioned some place beautiful, some place safe and secure.

Wouldn't you know I traveled all the way to Olympus. . .

I stood there staring at the pearl encrusted gates that blocked me from safety. I was within reach yet I couldn't touch it. Everything around me looked to pure to touch.

My head hung low as I realized what a mistake this was. He will not provide sanctuary for another mans child let alone the mistress to his most hated enemy.

I sighed and turned away, prepared to leave.

"Where do you think you are going?" growled a voice behind me. I froze in my spot unable to move. the voice was strong and gruff, like he had been stabbed in the throat before.

I kept still as he spoke again. "I said, where do-".

"It's okay Archemitis she is with me!".

I finally turned around to see a tall, fair haired boy step up behind the brooding, dark skinned guard at the gate.

The guard sighed and moved back to stand at the gate like a statue. How on earth did I not notice him before?

"M'lady" the boy offered his hand and led me through the gate.

I was beyond confused now, I had no idea who this boy was but couldn't help but think I knew him. He looked so familiar it was disturbing.

"Uhhhh w-who exactly are you and why did you allow me access?" I questioned finally as he led me through the golden streets of Olympus.

He didn't turn to as he grinned like a Cheshire Cat. His grip on me tightened as he began his ascend on the stairs leading the Olympian palace.

I began to push back as I realized the mistake I made trusting this jiggallo.

I didn't think I would actually face Zeus not now, not ever! I don't know why I even came here!

"Please let me go!" I begged as he all but dragged my sorry behind into the palace.

"Please! what do you want?!" I hit and clawed at his hold on me but he was too strong.

"I am sorry m'lady but it is not what I want, it is what He wants."

That was enough to silence all my struggles and protests. I was dazed and confused, what on earth does he mean?

As we entered what I remember as the thrown room I was suddenly brought between the boys chest as he held my arms in front of me. Did he think I was trying to escape? He thought right. . .

"FATHER" his voice bubbled through the grand hall in waves. It was enough to shake the foundations of this place.

Slowly a large man emerged from the shadows behind the thrown and came into the light.

I was dazed and shocked, but not for what reason you might think.

I saw it, just before me for the first time in thousands of years, light. So close I could touch it, I didn't even notice who or what the man in the light was.

All I knew was that I wanted to touch the warmth of the sun I saw the man basking in. I wanted to bask in it as well and revel in it's warmth.

"Please let me go" I quietly begged the man holding me.

The man only tightened his grip until the man in the light flicked his head and the boy let me go.

I scooted away from his hold and walked closer to the man and light. I didn't even care who he was, all I knew was that I was about to feel the warmth of the sun on my face.

As I walked closer the mans intimidating presence began to affect me, my shoulders felt heavy, my breath became labored and my mouth went dry.

I was close enough now, I could touch it and that just what I began to do.

My hand extended out to the light, I could almost feel it between my fingers . . .

So close-

"Laurel" that one word, that one little gesture of my name was enough to cause me to recoil my hand, snap my head to the culprit and. . .

***

I know you guys probably hate me for leaving you for so long and now a cliffhanger....I truly and sorry, with school starting up again its been diffacult to find time for anything but school. I will NOT leave you without another chapter fo rlong, just bare with me please.